DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Beautiful Swiss Highlands

Awesome !!!

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
Went exploring a beautiful mountain-area with 3 stunning lakes, before winter finally takes hold:
Simply breathtaking! I live in the mountains and I always appreciate footage of big, snow covered hills and mountain lakes. Great video!

Simply breathtaking! I live in the mountains and I always appreciate footage of big, snow covered hills and mountain lakes. Great video!
Thank you very much, fellow mountain man ;)

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Great video! So many different takes with diverse subject matter, flight paths, etc. The question I have ... do you storyboard/plan the "takes" in advance or do you just shoot randomly and do creative editing after the capture?

Great video! So many different takes with diverse subject matter, flight paths, etc. The question I have ... do you storyboard/plan the "takes" in advance or do you just shoot randomly and do creative editing after the capture?
Hi! Thank you very much!

No, i don't Storyboard anything. I only plan roughly where and what would be interesting to shoot, but mostly it changes when i'm there.
I try to get as much diverse footage as possible, shoot about 1-1.5 hours of material (have 4 batteries), ideally from different vantage points. Often i see something interesting from the air that i didn't know would look nice. Improvisation is key here ;)
While flying i set up my action cameras to shoot a timelapse if i find a nice view.
I also keep my osmo pocket in hand while travelling (mostly walking) between flying spots and shoot whatever seems interesting, which often results in another hour of material (ground views, flowers, animals, anything really).
In editing i filter out usable clips from the source material, which narrows it down to about 30 mins of material, sometimes more, sometimes less. This gives me a good overview of what material i have to work with.
Then i choose the music, which can take a while, until i find something which fits the material and the general mood. The music then guides the rest of the editing process.
Then the puzzle part, trying to fit the clips to the music, trying to put together some sort of story, trying not to seem too random.
Then adding titles, and one of my favourites, color correction for each clip, stabilization or sharpening if necessary and so on, until everything fits roughly. I'm almost never happy at the end, but i try to keep editing time under 6h.

That's roughly my process ;)

Hi! Thank you very much!

No, i don't Storyboard anything. I only plan roughly where and what would be interesting to shoot, but mostly it changes when i'm there.
I try to get as much diverse footage as possible, shoot about 1-1.5 hours of material (have 4 batteries), ideally from different vantage points. Often i see something interesting from the air that i didn't know would look nice. Improvisation is key here ;)
While flying i set up my action cameras to shoot a timelapse if i find a nice view.
I also keep my osmo pocket in hand while travelling (mostly walking) between flying spots and shoot whatever seems interesting, which often results in another hour of material (ground views, flowers, animals, anything really).
In editing i filter out usable clips from the source material, which narrows it down to about 30 mins of material, sometimes more, sometimes less. This gives me a good overview of what material i have to work with.
Then i choose the music, which can take a while, until i find something which fits the material and the general mood. The music then guides the rest of the editing process.
Then the puzzle part, trying to fit the clips to the music, trying to put together some sort of story, trying not to seem too random.
Then adding titles, and one of my favourites, color correction for each clip, stabilization or sharpening if necessary and so on, until everything fits roughly. I'm almost never happy at the end, but i try to keep editing time under 6h.

That's roughly my process ;)
Love it. I also have 5 batteries and a DJI Osmo Pocket ... and tend to shoot first and use creativity to put it all together. Sometimes I need to go back for a second shoot. I do mostly still images (schundlerphoto.myportfolio.com) enjoy post-processing with both video and images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet