DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beeping when landing!

Reactions
Hello Mavic Air 2 Friends!,
Yes!.. This Drone, Quadcopter, Flying Machine, What ever you chose to call it, is *Awesome* I started out with a Syma X5SW was hooked as soon as i took off! than went to a Holystone HS 400, & than a Yuneec Q500 4K which I still have and ~Truly Love~ Now My Newest Love The ***DJI Mavic Air 2*** I Have been flying now for about 3 years, I'm F.A.A. REGESTERED, & have paid permits to fly at my park locations.. I have many questions, But my first is this: When I'm about to land on my bright Orange "H" Pad.. just above it.... The App. starts to "BEEP" beep... beep... beep... I'm sure it's trying to tell me something.. I just don't know what it is. Sometimes it will say something like: Are you sure the ground is clear?.. But ~Always~ it Beeps!.... Beep.. Beep... Beep.. ?? WHY???? :) Thanks! ~Happy & Safe Flying 2 All~

Yes!.. This Drone, Quadcopter, Flying Machine, What ever you chose to call it, is *Awesome* I started out with a Syma X5SW was hooked as soon as i took off! than went to a Holystone HS 400, & than a Yuneec Q500 4K which I still have and ~Truly Love~ Now My Newest Love The ***DJI Mavic Air 2*** I Have been flying now for about 3 years, I'm F.A.A. REGESTERED, & have paid permits to fly at my park locations.. I have many questions, But my first is this: When I'm about to land on my bright Orange "H" Pad.. just above it.... The App. starts to "BEEP" beep... beep... beep... I'm sure it's trying to tell me something.. I just don't know what it is. Sometimes it will say something like: Are you sure the ground is clear?.. But ~Always~ it Beeps!.... Beep.. Beep... Beep.. ?? WHY???? :) Thanks! ~Happy & Safe Flying 2 All~
Most likely, it is the annoying warning that you are below the default critical battery level setting of 15%. On the M2, people like me drilled a hole in the remote to muffle the speaker by applying pressure against it, so I am not annoyed and distracted, and also so I don't draw unwanted attention to myself in public, when coming in "hot!"

It is likely the front or rear obstacle sensor picking up you as an obstacle once it gets below head height. This is normal.

Are you talking about the two short beeps, pause, and then repeat 2 beeps and pause (sample audio in zip file)? If so, it's the landing warning beep. You can try lowering the volume on your phone. If it's coming from the remote you can take the same drastic measure as @GadgetGuy took.

Attachments

• LandingBeep.zip
    69 KB · Views: 29
Are you talking about the two short beeps, pause, and then repeat 2 beeps and pause (sample audio in zip file)? If so, it's the landing warning beep. You can try lowering the volume on your phone. If it's coming from the remote you can take the same drastic measure as @GadgetGuy took.
Desperate times call for drastic measures! LOL!

Reactions: Pappy
When it's in autolanding mode it will beep as it goes down.

That is your vision position sensors(VPS) on the bottom of the drone searching for a suitable place to land. If the location is unsuitable, you will get a visual message on the screen in a addition to the warning beep.

The only way to disable the beep is by turning down the volume on your phone. The problem with that is, is that you may miss another warning that you wished you had heard.

Reactions: RobertR
Any beeping coming from your device can always be controlled with the volume button on your device. However, the really annoying beeps come from the RC, and there is no volume control on those when it is the battery level below 10%. Muffling the internal speaker to an acceptable mewing of a kitten (instead of heart attack beeping) is my preferred method of controlling the RC beeps, so that only I can hear them, and can discreetly retreat unnoticed!

Are you talking about the two short beeps, pause, and then repeat 2 beeps and pause (sample audio in zip file)? If so, it's the landing warning beep. You can try lowering the volume on your phone. If it's coming from the remote, you can take the same drastic measure as @GadgetGuy took.
Is it possible to switch-off the APAS when landing on a clear and open area to make sure the sensors are not triggering the beep sound?

It is likely the front or rear obstacle sensor picking up you as an obstacle once it gets below head height. This is normal.
Yes! Thank You! That's what is is! Because when I step to the left, or to the right, Or when I back up, The beeping stops!.. I was hanging out very close to the landing pad to make sure i had a good landing.... I don't mind the noise, because now, I know why it is... : )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929