DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

before I put up a crash post

Irish-apple

Reactions
hi lads im about to change the props I got with my mavic .. I got about 10 packs of the low noise props think low noise quick release propellers from DJI

so before I place on the mavic { white mavic not that it matters I think } there no colour gradient on them as in no white marks on 2 and 2 black there all the same am I correct in saying I can put them on the motor of the prop or am I missing something as post says before I crash id like to know thanks

I'm going to guess these are cheap knockoffs. If the maker couldn't be bothered to mark them properly who knows what else they forgot to do?

Personally, I wouldn't use them. But if you're going to, just look at the angle of the blades and compare them to what is on your Mavic now. The clockwise and counter-clockwise props are noticeably different.

You can do one at a time and look at the angle also, at least with the OEM DJI ones, you can't put them on wrong. The locking mechanism is different and won't allow it to seat properly if it's wrong. But like I said that's with the OEM ones

hi lads im about to change the props I got with my mavic .. I got about 10 packs of the low noise props think low noise quick release propellers from DJI...
DJI marks their props. I am thinking these are not really from DJI. Since you can get a complete set for around $20 I would toss the knock-offs and get OEM.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
Sounds like cheap knock-offs. They didn't even bother trying to copy to make them look like the real thing. Seems risky to me.
Personal experience (when I was a newbie with a Spark and decided to try knock-off ones). First couple of flights, seems find. Next flight, on lift-off, it was drifting all over the place and I couldn't really control it. Brought it down, thought I needed to calibrate the Spark. Did that, took off and it did the same thing. Once I swap to OEM ones, it flew just fine. Never again to using cheap knock-offs. I think the joints got loose after a few flights, so it was wobbling and causing lots of vibrations through the Spark, and probably messing with the IMU.
DON'T RISK IT, MAN.

The locking mechanism is different and won't allow it to seat properly if it's wrong. But like I said that's with the OEM ones

It's great that they did this. I was trying to put a prop on and was thinking why the hell isn't it going on. You'd think the markings are enough to make people put them on correctly!

hi lads im about to change the props I got with my mavic .. I got about 10 packs of the low noise props think low noise quick release propellers from DJI

so before I place on the mavic { white mavic not that it matters I think } there no colour gradient on them as in no white marks on 2 and 2 black there all the same am I correct in saying I can put them on the motor of the prop or am I missing something as post says before I crash id like to know thanks
You have a thousand dollar drone why would you risk it with cheap knock-offs

Well, the box looks genuine. Still a mystery why one set does not have a white ring around the mounting hole. If they are all the same perhaps someone screwed up in shipping.

I once ordered cheap DJI prop knock-offs, $5 for set of 4. they came in a package marked "DJI"...the quality was bad, made the Mavic shake at take off, they had bad connections where the props meet the center mounting part, hard to explain, you could tell they were defective and wouldn't last. I threw them out after the first short flight and bought official DJI mavic platinum props from the DJI website...trying to save $20 on props risking losing an $800 drone is not worth it.....as the saying goes, the cheapskate ends up paying more. (applies to me too since I ended up paying more overall for having platinum props by paying for knockoffs at first).

right everyone I checked this out as I know and remember buying them from DJI I have the receipt I contacted them and then stated yes there legit through serial numbers etc I bought them as a little extra when I bought the re goggles so there legit I knew they were long story shirt put in the mavic and they worked 100% first flight no issues the ocular gradient was just a little light on them there LEGIT im not putting s@@t props on a mavic worth over €1000 and the goggles were 600 the extra batteries were almost 200 the case for the goggles were 70 the bag for the mavic was 70 the filters were 50 extendable legs 12 the guard props were 20 the pgytech iPad holder was 28 the iPad was 500 iPad 6th gen 128 and cellular extra braided cables 20 landing matt 20 5 point charging stating 80 box for mavic and controller { hard box to go inside bag for extra protection 20 rc cover 10 4 x 64 memory. cards 50 each wind measure 15 so why da F@@k would I buy 5 euro props lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eng.Sabri