DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner 2.7k question

Jhort2a

Reactions
Only had the MM for just over a week now. It’s my first ever drone. I have filmed a few bits just to practice and I think I’m doing ok.ive Gad no real issues and just doing it in small steps. I’ve taken it slowly and read as much up as I can. I’ve tried editing on the fly app and iMovie on my phone. I’ve seemed to work it out how to download from the MM direct by card or download to my phone and used the 2 apps. Cutting and adding music etc.

here is my dilema now.

I have a samsung 8series tv and I can play direct from my phone to the tv by mirror or I’ve tried from the 1 film I put on sky pixel from the internet on the tv, and tried airplay direct to the tv. The footage seems in parts sometimes Broken and jumping and pixelated but if I look at my phone it is clear and bright. I’ve filmed in 2.7k and by the look of it everything it is only getting viewed in 1080p. Is that because I’m doing it all on my phone.
or is it just the apps I’m using.

Amen to Matt. I bought a USB reader and pull the pics, video. I can also adjust using Lightroom and Photoshop.

Reactions: 7of9trek
Thanks guys. I need to get a better laptop I think now. I’ve Managed to get downloaded off the sd card. Shame the fly app only goes to 1080p still.

Your device likely can’t handle the large file sizes, if it were expected to hold the 2.7 files. You’d use up the memory quickly. Plus, your phone will write over the oldest files once it fills the space allotted to save these “preview” files.

I think that may be the important word of what I wrote. These files on your device are more meant for preview, or quick review in the field.

You need to pull your footage from the memory card. Your phone only saves low-res preview files.

Even if you have a memory card inserted and you download the image from the APP to phone images?

I'm confused as my Macbook air has a max res of 2.5k so does that mean im never really viewing in the full 2.7k?

Only had the MM for just over a week now. It’s my first ever drone. I have filmed a few bits just to practice and I think I’m doing ok.ive Gad no real issues and just doing it in small steps. I’ve taken it slowly and read as much up as I can. I’ve tried editing on the fly app and iMovie on my phone. I’ve seemed to work it out how to download from the MM direct by card or download to my phone and used the 2 apps. Cutting and adding music etc.

here is my dilema now.

I have a samsung 8series tv and I can play direct from my phone to the tv by mirror or I’ve tried from the 1 film I put on sky pixel from the internet on the tv, and tried airplay direct to the tv. The footage seems in parts sometimes Broken and jumping and pixelated but if I look at my phone it is clear and bright. I’ve filmed in 2.7k and by the look of it everything it is only getting viewed in 1080p. Is that because I’m doing it all on my phone.
or is it just the apps I’m using.
Welcome to forum.
I have an iPhone 6S Plus (128 Gb), use i-FlashDevice to copy the MM SD card, edit my videos in the PowerDirector app (Cyberlink) and publish through YT Studio (Youtube) and it has worked.

To download the full size video files, you'd need to (unless I'm missing something) hook up a cable to the MM, and download from the card. Or, put the card into a memory card reader and download. Again, I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of a way to wirelessly download the "real" files.

And yes, you MacBook with simply playback at a lesser resolution, so you won't see the full 2.7.

Reactions: Neel194
To download the full size video files, you'd need to (unless I'm missing something) hook up a cable to the MM, and download from the card. Or, put the card into a memory card reader and download. Again, I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of a way to wirelessly download the "real" files.

And yes, you MacBook with simply playback at a lesser resolution, so you won't see the full 2.7.

Wow so theres not many computers screens on the market capable of even viewing 4k. The Macbook pro is 2.8k.

So most people wont benefit unless they plug straight into a 4k monitor, or happen to own a 4k computer/laptop...

I use the highest possible video quality every time....it gives some flexibility with editing. I edit almost exclusively in 1920x1080, and the 2.7 gives a bit of room to zoom in without harming picture quality.

When I work professionally, we use 4K cameras....but it's edited in 1920x1080...again....gives some flexibility.

I use the highest possible video quality every time....it gives some flexibility with editing. I edit almost exclusively in 1920x1080, and the 2.7 gives a bit of room to zoom in without harming picture quality.

When I work professionally, we use 4K cameras....but it's edited in 1920x1080...again....gives some flexibility.
Hi Matt. What do you use for editing. What I use is great but only on Windows. I have to keep switching because I use my MAC and my software is only Windows compatible.

I edit with Final Cut Pro X. Started long ago with Media 100, but moved to Final Cut Pro when Media 100 was no longer supported. (I think it is now back, however.)

Some guys I work with use Premiere Pro, which I have, but never learned very well.

Reactions: alopeznj
I edit with Final Cut Pro X. Started long ago with Media 100, but moved to Final Cut Pro when Media 100 was no longer supported. (I think it is now back, however.)

Some guys I work with use Premiere Pro, which I have, but never learned very well.
Good info. I use Power Director and love it. Only good on Windows although I have 3 Macs. Apple stuff is too expensive; NO WAY I would pay that kind of money for Final Cut with so many cheaper options on the Microsoft side.
I think ill suck it up and stay with Power director. Thanks.

Good info. I use Power Director and love it. Only good on Windows although I have 3 Macs. Apple stuff is too expensive; NO WAY I would pay that kind of money for Final Cut with so many cheaper options on the Microsoft side.
I think ill suck it up and stay with Power director. Thanks.

I've never heard of Power Director, so I have no idea what it costs. Most I know use Premiere Pro, which I also have as part of an Adobe subscription...but haven't used it very much.

FCP X, unlike Premiere and others that force you into a subscription, costs $299 to buy outright. I've yet to pay for an update.

All that being said...whatever works best for you is great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00