DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner Q: My footage is not horizontal, why?

MavicMikeMinh

Reactions
Non horizontal.png

Screenshot from video footage. The footage is not exactly horizontal.
I would understand if I had made a left turn whilst filming, and in picture 2 I'm actually slowly turning right to follow the boat. At any rate, the gimbal would compensate, or not?

Which beginner's mistake am I making here?

Non horizontal 2.png

Reactions: Former Member
I would do a full calibration of the gimbal and IMU. You are not doing anything wrong, it's the drone that's not centering the roll axis. If it continues to do this, you might have a mechanical problem. How old is the drone, how many flights?

I would have suggested a gimbal roll adjustment, but since it's so far off, that wont be a permanent help.

Also, on your gimbal settings in the app, make sure you have "Follow" selected and not "FPV". It should be set like that as the default but worth checking.

View attachment 42325

Screenshot from video footage. The footage is not exactly horizontal.
I would understand if I had made a left turn whilst filming, and in picture 2 I'm actually slowly turning right to follow the boat. At any rate, the gimbal would compensate, or not?

Which beginner's mistake am I making here?

View attachment 42326
Did you ever fix this issue? I have the same.

Did you ever fix this issue? I have the same.
Yes I could fix it. I recall there were a few more contributions to this thread that clarified what the issue was. These comments are for some reason not visible anymore.

The bottom line is, there is an "Adjust Gimbal" function in the DJI GO app. I used it and that solved it.

(I actually think that the time of forums SW as we see it here is over. Assuming the missing comments problem is down to some maintenance by the admins. No blame to the admins, it's a tough job, it just is too labour intensive. Modern alternatives are SLACK or if you want to play with the antichrist, MS Teams. A discussion for another time.)

Reactions: Rockport
Yes I could fix it. I recall there were a few more contributions to this thread that clarified what the issue was. These comments are for some reason not visible anymore.

The bottom line is, there is an "Adjust Gimbal" function in the DJI GO app. I used it and that solved it.

(I actually think that the time of forums SW as we see it here is over. Assuming the missing comments problem is down to some maintenance by the admins. No blame to the admins, it's a tough job, it just is too labour intensive. Modern alternatives are SLACK or if you want to play with the antichrist, MS Teams. A discussion for another time.)
Thanks! I will give that a shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60