DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner that needs help please

Miggy88

Reactions
Hello,

I bought a mavic air 2 (my first ever drone) a couple of days ago. I love it but I'm having a few issues. Will someone be able to help me please?

1. I can't access Active trace, spotlight or parallel. When I try and draw a box around any target it doesn't work, all it does is move the gimbal.

2. Videos stop recording randomly after a few minutes.

3. I'm using the 8GB internal storage because I haven't got an SD card yet. It says internal storage is full after taking a few videos that are only a couple of minutes long. Surely 6 minutes worth of footage doesn't take up 8GB of storage??

4. If I go any further than 600/700m I lose signal. Im getting nowhere near to the advertised distance.

If someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mick

Last edited:
1) What video mode are you in? FPV doesn't support any of the "smart" tracking modes.

2) You're probably out of memory.

3) 4K video is about 2 minutes per GB. Six minutes is about right to be full, since you're not just holding video on that internal memory.

4) Are you in open air, or are you flying near trees, etc.? Do you have your phone/tablet's wifi and bluetooth turned off? Are you near anything that might be generating electrical noise? Power lines? Hydroelectric plant? Street lamps?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

I am sure you will get some answers to your questions

Reactions: Miggy88
[
1) What video mode are you in? FPV doesn't support any of the "smart" tracking modes.

3) 4K video is about 2 minutes per GB. Six minutes is about right to be full, since you're not just holding video on that internal memory.

4) Are you in open air, or are you flying near trees, etc.? Do you have your phone/tablet's wifi and bluetooth turned off? Are you near anything that might be generating electrical noise? Power lines? Hydroelectric plant? Street lamps?

Thanks for your response.

I've tried it in various video modes and I'm still having the same issue, It won't draw a box. Instead, it moves the gimbal in the direction I move my finger across my phone screen.

Thanks for clarifying number 2 and 3.

I've been flying in fields with trees and powerlines. I haven't turned off WiFi or Bluetooth when I've been flying. Im guessing thats the issue?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

I am sure you will get some answers to your questions

Thank you

[

Thanks for your response.

I've tried it in various video modes and I'm still having the same issue, It won't draw a box. Instead, it moves the gimbal in the direction I move my finger across my phone screen.

Thanks for clarifying number 2 and 3.

I've been flying in fields with trees and powerlines. I haven't turned off WiFi or Bluetooth when I've been flying. Im guessing thats the issue?

You need to quickly swipe a rectangle to draw the box. If you hold your finger on the screen too long, it changes into gimbal control mode.

Also, the black thing at the end of the extended arms that holds your phone or tablet - that's the antenna. And it's directional. Aim that at the MA2.

hi I also have the same problem with the range 500 - 750 meters and the signal disappears. Have tested most around buildings and trees but also in the open field and then I get a maximum of 1000 meters in reach but it is quite far from 6000 meters. Many who did tests are up to 4000 meters in range in the open field. There are some tests on youtube. My Dji app does not allow me to change channel mode from auto to manuelly. has Dual, 2.4 and 5.8 ghz buttons but whatever I choose channel mode does not change auto to what I choose but stays in dual. Very strange.

I had the same tracking problem on a brand new MA2. Before first flight I had updated firmware with fly app, or so I thought. Aircraft flew fine, but no FocusTrack. Rechecking, I found the aircraft firmware to be 0.0.0 and DJI Fly app showing no update available. Using DJI Assistant I was able to force the update and the problem disappeared. Check you firmware versions in the "About" screen of the Fly app. Please let me know if this works for you.

hi I also have the same problem with the range 500 - 750 meters and the signal disappears. Have tested most around buildings and trees but also in the open field and then I get a maximum of 1000 meters in reach but it is quite far from 6000 meters. Many who did tests are up to 4000 meters in range in the open field. There are some tests on youtube. My Dji app does not allow me to change channel mode from auto to manuelly. has Dual, 2.4 and 5.8 ghz buttons but whatever I choose channel mode does not change auto to what I choose but stays in dual. Very strange.

exactly with the words you described I had too, always started around 500 meters to get a bad signal and it does not matter where I am if it is around houses, buildings, trees or power lines always 500 meters very strange. I went and returned my Ma2 2 days ago and bought a new one yesterday. . Will test it today if the weather allows me to. Because it is "a little" windy here. I hope I got better unity this time??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada