DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner with a budget

wow that was quick ask advice in the morning then run out later and buy something wow Too bad no one mentioned the Mavic Air small portable takes great pictures good in the wind just an all around great drone.

...Trying out "Follow Me" or "Follow Object" modes with me on my bike...
That is where you will crash it. Make sure it is flying well above any obstacle because it will cut corners while following you and side-slip into something that the OA sensors won't see.

Oh, and congrats on your purchase and Welcome to the Club!

Reactions: Rackminster
That is where you will crash it. Make sure it is flying well above any obstacle because it will cut corners while following you and side-slip into something that the OA sensors won't see.
I've been watching a lot of "successful" drone flight videos - as well as a lot of "fail" drone flights.

Successful ones seem to universally have wide open areas to work with, while fails often end up in tangled airspace - playgrounds, trees, power lines. Trees in particular. It's like Charlie Brown's kite-eating tree is everywhere, looking to devour drones.

I'd love to use some of the advanced flight modes while I'm moving - but am very aware that I need a lot of clear air around me. I'm already planning to keep any flight that comes within 50' of a tree full manned. I'm sure I'll forget my own rules at some point and try to test what the drone can and can't do - but I want to have experience and some money set aside for repairs before I do.

Very much worth it!
From what I hear, State Farm may be a better option if you can get it. Not available in MA, so I'm S.O.L.
Thanks for that! I already have State Farm for Auto and Home, so I may get a discount on whatever Drone insurance they offer (if any) in Maine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial