DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best $20 you can spend on your drone?

I was asked to review the product, and one of my question's was about their deliverables. One of the biggest drawbacks with Drone Deploy & Pix4D is the deliverables to client's. For this to be as revolutionary as they would like to tout they need to solved this vital component.

I was asked to review the product, and one of my question's was about their deliverables. One of the biggest drawbacks with Drone Deploy & Pix4D is the deliverables to client's. For this to be as revolutionary as they would like to tout they need to solved this vital component.
No only is that not a drawback it's an advantage. Look at the cost of Pix4D and DroneDeploy. for them to post your work. You can still use them for post.
They give their minimalist apps for free to get you to use their services. Not a criticism just a different business model.

His thing is to provide the best in class automated flight software - not post processing.

How does this apply to Dronelink?
Those that use mapping software have always had issues with providing those mapping results to clients without adding them to an account or making sure the client has the software to process the data. This has always been the weak link with mapping and has held the drone industry back in providing more services to clients from all ends of the economic spectrum. Dronelink is touting itself as a hybrid waypoint/mapping software, which puts itself in that category with Drone Deploy and Pix4D.

Last edited:
No only is that not a drawback it's an advantage. Look at the cost of Pix4D and DroneDeploy. for them to post your work. You can still use them for post.
They give their minimalist apps for free to get you to use their services. Not a criticism just a different business model.

His thing is to provide the best in class automated flight software - not post processing.
This is just one question of many that others like myself will ask and need to be answered to see if this software would be the replacement of others. Business is about streamlining while providing a consistent if not better service to their customers. If you are looking at just adding more software in the process chain you are not providing a better business model or service.

Last edited:
It is interesting to note DroneLink can only be found on Apple devices.

From Dronelinks website: Dronelink works with DJI drones on iOS / Android devices and DJI monitors

The reason is that DJI messed something up in their SDK ...

Note: We are temporarily distributing the Android app directly due to a DJI SDK issue.

Source: How do I install the native app?

Doesnt the Go4 app do waypoint flying yet? Are most people flying their dji quadcopters with a autonomous program? I myself prefer to fly it and don't ever look into auto flying programs. I would feel this a waste of $20 to be honest, and would rather buy a new cool skin or another dropping kit. So nope, to answer your question, that is not the best way to spend $20 on any of my drones ?

Doesnt the Go4 app do waypoint flying yet? Are most people flying their dji quadcopters with a autonomous program? I myself prefer to fly it and don't ever look into auto flying programs. I would feel this a waste of $20 to be honest, and would rather buy a new cool skin or another dropping kit. So nope, to answer your question, that is not the best way to spend $20 on any of my drones ?
Waypoint/mapping is what is common in the commercial side of the drone industry. From construction progress to actual mapping of property/buildings is the industry standard of use with drones. A hobbyist wouldn't have a real need for such software unless they are not confident in their own abilities to handle a drone. Waypoints/mapping is not as easy as one may think as you have to take into account the changes of elevation and other hazards that are not easy to make out from a google map.

Waypoint/mapping is what is common in the commercial side of the drone industry. From construction progress to actual mapping of property/buildings is the industry standard of use with drones. A hobbyist wouldn't have a real need for such software unless they are not confident in their own abilities to handle a drone. Waypoints/mapping is not as easy as one may think as you have to take into account the changes of elevation and other hazards that are not easy to make out from a google map.
No way!!! Are you kidding me?!? They are using waypoints for farmers and construction/demolition & abatement? Jeese dude, I need to move out from under this rock! Thank you!!!

Check out DroneLink. Autonomous flight app. I don’t work for these guys, just appreciate a great app that takes your aerial skills to a new level.
I've had dronelink for three days now for my Mavic Mini and am super impressed. Flown 3 missions my last being relatively complex including rising orbit around a POI, waypoint to follow a track around a lake and then a switch from video to camera for a set of 360 photo's. All went perfectly! The huge flexibility of the tool means there is a relatively steep learning curve and there are a lot of variable parameters so you have to be careful but the beauty is you can do all the setup at home on your PC/laptop then run a full simulation of your flight and view it running in realtime in google earth before you fly. All for $20!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC