DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best App for Waypoints

jmm123

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and I have noticed a number of DJI apps.
If I am mainly doing Waypoint missions - is Litchi still the best thing out there or are one of the newer DJI apps getting better?
TIA,
John

Honestly I like more Dronelink over litchi. Drone link has many missions and more flexibility than Litchi. Also Drone Deploy is excellent but so expensive.
I need to try Maven. I bought it but I need to play with it.

Reactions: jake20934
I have Maven and even created and in-flight mission but I still need to tinker with it because its not pointing the camera where I had it on the in flight mission creation flight. I wish the tutorial was better. It’s all narrated by a very assuming robot voice. I’d like to hear a human express distinct characteristics about the experience of creating a mission. I use it with my MA2

Also Drone Deploy is excellent but so expensive.
DroneDeploy is not for waypoint missions.
It's a dedicated mapping app.
Using the app is free, but if you use DD for processing the images it produces, that can be expensive.

Reactions: meeestermike
And that is why I like it more. I should specify. I use mapping in litchi with the Lawnmore preset that can be imported but is not the same. I need to admit Litchi is more stable than dronelink but litchi lacks the facade and other utilities that dronelink has. That is why I use all of them depending on what I am doing.

And that is why I like it more. I should specify. I use mapping in litchi with the Lawnmore preset that can be imported but is not the same. I need to admit Litchi is more stable than dronelink but litchi lacks the facade and other utilities that dronelink has. That is why I use all of them depending on what I am doing.
The OP was specifically asking about apps for waypoint flying, not for mapping missions.
Litchi is the most popular waypoint app.

Reactions: zeusfl
Litchi all the way 100% log onto Litchi Mission Hub & compile the waypoint mission on your PC it works perfectly, so detailed, then syncs to your drone via the controller ( when logged into Litchi ), really enjoy using the Mavic 2 Pro with Litchi, number 1 reason why I have not sold it to purchase the Mavic 3.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and I have noticed a number of DJI apps.
If I am mainly doing Waypoint missions - is Litchi still the best thing out there or are one of the newer DJI apps getting better?
TIA,
John
I'm interested as well. I've flown dozens of missions with a phantom 3 4k with litchi as my app of choice. It seemed rock solid. I hope I can get the same performance with my new Ma2.

Dronelink for the win for a long time I like litchi since 2017 but not that I have found dronelink boy what a night and day difference!!!! I thought I was waypoint flying!!!!!!!

Dronelink for the win for a long time I like litchi since 2017 but not that I have found dronelink boy what a night and day difference!!!! I thought I was waypoint flying!!!!!!!
Is it compatible with Mavic Air 2?

To plan flight missions I use UAV Editor (Home).
Flight missions can be exported directly to Litchi Mission Hub or as a KML file for DJI Pilot App.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661