DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Best Beach Destination in the World

SnowSkier

Reactions
Hi Pilots!

Algarve has just won the 'Best Beach Destination in the World' award. The award was presented at the 2020 edition of the Grand Final of the World Travel Awards, the most popular ever, which took place in Moscow, Russia.
An unprecedented achievement for the region. which occurs a few weeks after the Algarve received the same distinction at European level. Two impressive achievements, especially in a particularly difficult year for tourism.

That's my Region, at the far south of Portugal. My Hometown, Albufeira, stands in the center of the region and is one of the most searched cities in the summer, for the best holidays ever.
If you can visit, don't miss it! :cool:Thumbswayup

All photos were shot on Mavic 2 Pro + PolarPro ND16 Filter, manual exposure.

Falésia3
by Paulo Santos, no Flickr

Galé2

Galé5

Galé7

Galé8

Inatel4

Pescadores5

Pescadores7

enjoyed the photo and colors, any post processing involved? Also excuse my ignorance, in your titles under the photo's you have included "no Flickr" what does that refer too?

Hi Pilots!

Algarve has just won the 'Best Beach Destination in the World' award. The award was presented at the 2020 edition of the Grand Final of the World Travel Awards, the most popular ever, which took place in Moscow, Russia.
An unprecedented achievement for the region. which occurs a few weeks after the Algarve received the same distinction at European level. Two impressive achievements, especially in a particularly difficult year for tourism.

That's my Region, at the far south of Portugal. My Hometown, Albufeira, stands in the center of the region and is one of the most searched cities in the summer, for the best holidays ever.

Falésia3

Galé2

Galé5

Galé7

Galé8

Inatel4

Pescadores5

Pescadores7
A beach covered in umbrellas and chairs. No thanks, I will take Australian beaches any day, but love your photos.

enjoyed the photo and colors, any post processing involved? Also excuse my ignorance, in your titles under the photo's you have included "no Flickr" what does that refer too?
Hi.
About your first question, the answer is yes, it has post processing in minor details, like crop and a bit of contrast. Everything else is manual exposure and polarpro filter ND16 and ND8.

"no flickr" is in portuguese language. You have to read "in flickr".

My site:

Reactions: Gagey52
A beach covered in umbrellas and chairs. No thanks, I will take Australian beaches any day, but love your photos.
Hi bushie!

Well, some do have umbrellas and chairs, some other beaches, don't. We have 18 to choose for! Just have to come and check yourself!

Thanks

Beautiful pics. It was our plan to start spending 3 months a year (during our Canadian winter months) in this region in 2021, but COVID-19 has put a hold on this. Hopefully in 2022 we'll be able to begin annual long period visit stays. Your pics make it an even more exciting project, definitely something to look forward to.

Reactions: SnowSkier
I have visited Portugal a few times but not its beaches. I was, however, able to visit some very touristy spots in Spain BUT during the off season and it was a novel way to enjoy a place that would otherwise be packed with vacationers. Add Covid to the equation and one probably has a lot of great opportunities all over the world to shoot locations with no crowds. Looks to me like this is the case correct SnowSkier? This post (like so many) truly makes me miss travel. Great photos.
- Bernard

Reactions: SnowSkier
Hi Pilots!

Falésia3

Galé2

Galé5

Galé7

Galé8

Inatel4

Pescadores5

Pescadores7
I know the beaches of the Algarve very well from the 70's when I worked in the area. I swam and scuba dived there all summer in '76. My only criticism is that the sea (Atlantic) is always icy cold!

Beautiful pics. It was our plan to start spending 3 months a year (during our Canadian winter months) in this region in 2021, but COVID-19 has put a hold on this. Hopefully in 2022 we'll be able to begin annual long period visit stays. Your pics make it an even more exciting project, definitely something to look forward to.
Hi, Thank You

Your' most welcome.
If it's your first time you will love it.

I have visited Portugal a few times but not its beaches. I was, however, able to visit some very touristy spots in Spain BUT during the off season and it was a novel way to enjoy a place that would otherwise be packed with vacationers. Add Covid to the equation and one probably has a lot of great opportunities all over the world to shoot locations with no crowds. Looks to me like this is the case correct SnowSkier? This post (like so many) truly makes me miss travel. Great photos.
- Bernard
Hi.

Algarve, my region in the south of Portugal has many beaches and if you avoid the summertime, you'll find lots of empty beaches in almost all region. I mean, there's always people at the beach but never crowded has it is summer. That's because our weather is not so cold in the winter and we are the region in Europe with the maximum solar hours. No one beats us in the Sun!

Reactions: FunYin
I know the beaches of the Algarve very well from the 70's when I worked in the area. I swam and scuba dived there all summer in '76. My only criticism is that the sea (Atlantic) is always icy cold!
Hi there!

Icy cold?? You must be mistaken about Algarve. Sure it's atlantic sea but water temperature around here in the south is never cold! We never have temperatures below 18 Cº. Very rarely we go below that number. Mostly, we have temperatures around 20, 21 Cº. In summer around 25, 26 Cª.
You must be talking about the northern of Portugal. There you will find real cold temperature.

Thanks

Hi there!

Icy cold?? You must be mistaken about Algarve. Sure it's atlantic sea but water temperature around here in the south is never cold! We never have temperatures below 18 Cº. Very rarely we go below that number. Mostly, we have temperatures around 20, 21 Cº. In summer around 25, 26 Cª.
You must be talking about the northern of Portugal. There you will find real cold temperature.

Thanks
I dove the Algarve for one month in the mid 70's wearing an 8 mm wet suit. The initial plunge always took my breath away. I used to pee into the wetsuit to warm myself up. The Algarve is beautiful and the beaches much better that here in Spain. However the sea is very cold when you are 20 m below it.

Great pictures...my favorite has to be the city at night time.
Thanks for sharing.

Great pics Bushie.

I would agree that the Algarve has the “Most Popular” beaches in the world, based on the large number of people who visit (and love) those beaches.

I would also agree that Australia has the “Best Beaches” in the world, based on the overall quality of the beaches, sand and surf.

It’s win-win if you are pushed to choose between the two locations. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun