DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Drone for Indoor Work?

vsasolutions

Reactions
Site
vsasolutions.com
I am interested in what all of you think is the best drone for indoor flight. I have a Mavic 3 and a Mavic Pro but in my opinion they are too big for some of the indoor filming I would like to do. I am looking to purchase a small drone that will allow me to easily fly through small and tight spaces that still produces 4k video and higher res images. I won't use it too often. I am considering picking up a mini 2 just because of its size, price and it does 4k. The nano + seems good too but that price is a little high for what I will use it for. What are your thoughts?

Check out the Cinewhoop type mini drones.

Check out the Cinewhoop type mini drones.
Thanks. Never thought about that. Looks like some work getting one assembled and have to add camera.

I've flown indoors with a Mavic Air quite a bit. As an added bonus, my fly more combo came with prop guards. Guessing you could pick one up pretty cheap.

I have also done interior work with my Mavic Air. Prop guards are a good idea. You also need to understand that you will need to have good light. I had a nasty incident in a church when I shut off the lights to make the stained glass look better. But it made it dark inside the church and suddenly the Mavic Air was lost and began zooming around, crashing into a pew, then shooting up again. I finally gained a bit of control and got it into an area where it was well away from the organ pipes and the holy hardware on the altar, but it would not land. I had to grab it from the bottom and wrestle it down, finally removing the battery to shut the thing off - not an easy job, but I still have all 10 fingers. So keep the lights on...

• Haha
Reactions: RGS2010 and 4006448
I have also done interior work with my Mavic Air. Prop guards are a good idea. You also need to understand that you will need to have good light. I had a nasty incident in a church when I shut off the lights to make the stained glass look better. But it made it dark inside the church and suddenly the Mavic Air was lost and began zooming around, crashing into a pew, then shooting up again. I finally gained a bit of control and got it into an area where it was well away from the organ pipes and the holy hardware on the altar, but it would not land. I had to grab it from the bottom and wrestle it down, finally removing the battery to shut the thing off - not an easy job, but I still have all 10 fingers. So keep the lights on...
Ha....that is good to know.

Well, with everything going on in the world and 90% of all chips being made in Asia, I decided to just go and buy the Mini 2 Fly More, with prop guards. I suspect it may be a while before we see the mini 3 and the price is definitely going to be higher. Also getting the 2 year care refresh so if I have Jim's issue and I toast it, the replacement is affordable. Should be interesting. I have done a lot of outdoor work and a couple of warehouses with the big one but will be interesting how well I navigate interiors.

Huge difference in size.

tempImageA1HCQS.jpg

Reactions: merak75
The Jedi Training Droid (#1) is highly maneuverable in the house but has a problem with doors, the 3PO series (#2) has a problem with dark corners, and the Battle Droid (#3) is not afraid of dark corners, and has no problems with doors either, it just blasts them open…

Oh, you said "Drone," I thought you said Droid, My Bad…

Droid.jpg

The Jedi Training Droid (#1) is highly maneuverable in the house but has a problem with doors, the 3PO series (#2) has a problem with dark corners, and the Battle Droid (#3) is not afraid of dark corners, and has no problems with doors either, it just blasts them open…

Oh, you said "Drone," I thought you said Droid, My Bad…

View attachment 144503
Now that's just funny...I don't care who ya are.

I fly with my Mavic Mini all the time! I use the prop guards all the time, I even fly up and down the stairs!
Traveling a lot so got to do dome hotel droning. Pretty fun.

The Mavic 2 is good, But the Ryze Tech Tello and EMAX EZ Pilot two are my first choice. Ryze Tech Tello is an all-around small drone but fast, and easy to use; it has a camera that gives an FPV of all the images and videos. And EMAX EZ Pilot with an FPV camera has features that appeal to both beginners and professionals; it bridges the gap between learners and experts. I think for the best indoor drones you can find on the market and examined some important features like flight time, speed, dimensions, and weight.

Last edited:
Depending on the space I would most likely choose the Mavic Pro. You would have to be flying in a very small space to use the Mini 2. Why not the Mini 2? The Mavic Pro has a TRIPOD mode rather than a Cine mode. In the Tripod mode the maximum speed is 2.2mph (3.7 km/h) while a Mini 2 Cine mode can go 11mph and is far less controllable. I've tested the Mini 2 and my Mavic 2 Pro indoors in my home with small to medium sized rooms and if there was a bit more room the Mavic 2 would be the hands down winner. Does the Mavic Pro have APAS? The Mini 2 doesn't have any sensors but I would recommend prop guards if possible. As an extra safeguard you can still get pro guards for the Mavic Pro.

The Mavic 2 is good, But the Ryze Tech Tello and EMAX EZ Pilot two are my first choice. Ryze Tech Tello is an all-around small drone but fast, and easy to use; it has a camera that gives an FPV of all the images and videos. And EMAX EZ Pilot with an FPV camera has features that appeal to both beginners and professionals; it bridges the gap between learners and experts. I think for the best indoor drones you can find on the market and examined some important features like flight time, speed, dimensions, and weight.
I use my Mavic Mini! It works just fine and I have the propeller guards as well!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929