DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best drone for mountain bike

jimmy1977

Reactions
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and want to buy a drone after xmas for mountain biking. Can you please tell me what would be the best one for this. I need it to be able to follow me as I ride along? Can I set it up so it follows me as I ride and have the controller stored in my backpack ? If not does anyone on here use theirs for mountain biking and what do you do with the controller whilst you ride.
Thank you for your help

Reactions: Tigershark
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and want to buy a drone after xmas for mountain biking. Can you please tell me what would be the best one for this. I need it to be able to follow me as I ride along? Can I set it up so it follows me as I ride and have the controller stored in my backpack ? If not does anyone on here use theirs for mountain biking and what do you do with the controller whilst you ride.
Thank you for your help

There are so many References- BUT this one I Like Most...
Have a Look at this...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also see these Other MANY Youtubes of ACTIVE track, MAVIC and Mountain biking ...

Skimming through that video I can still see that even with the 2.0 ActiveTrack the AC gets very close to branches, even though the path is relatively straight. I think using ActiveTrack anywhere other than an open area is probably not the best idea. You can also search YouTube for "ActiveTrack crash" and there is plenty to watch. Also, if you keep having to turn your head around every five seconds to make sure the AC is still in the air then it makes the video look bad.

Thank you for your help

Just finished watching a video that you might find helpful.....

I realize hiking and MTB are two different things but some of the points made are applicable to both and you might find it helpful!!

Thank you for your help
Mavic Pro 2. No color correction. Color profile none. Auto settings except white balance.
I bungee the controller to the handle bar with foam and some small elastic cords. Easy and secure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockowe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler