DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best firmware and your reasons why

Joe buys a new set of tires.
Joe experiences a small vibration in one of his new tires.
Joe is not happy about the new problem with his tires and does not want to deal with the problem on his new tires.
Joe being frustrated, goes back to the tire dealer and has them put his old bald tires back on.

Now Joe is a happy camper
Well, .... at least until the tires are so bald he has a blowout and wrecks his car.
View attachment 12902
Joe is wishing he would have just fixed the small vibration in his new tires.
Now Joe is kicking himself in the butt for being a stupid guy.
View attachment 12906

.400 is not old bald tires. Using this analogy .400 has excellent tread life, excellent traction, great ride, road noise quiet even. Anything above that is like white side walls, who wants or needs them? They can't go anywhere I want to drive, but only on approved roads, with risks of fatal crashes otherwise.

I do not care for anything added to the later releases, so my shiny new factory fresh .400 will stay until "unflyable". I hope Joe likes his white sidewalls, he must feel pretty special with them and that is fine. Not for everyone however. Joe seems to only understand wanting to be admired for following the latest trends, and feels hurt when someone doesn't agree his great consumer acumen.

Many drivers run their tires until they cannot anymore, especially when there's nothing wrong with them!

Last edited:
I've upgraded to every new firmware version so far and it has been absolutely flawless.

What kind of niggles have you seen?
I was on .500 when I bought my MP and before the first flight it upgraded to .550 and everything seemed fine, but that was my very first experience so I didn't know any different. When it upgraded to .600 I had that whole NFZ issue that everyone else has. It was really annoying and I was afraid I would have some bigger issues since I live very close to a non towered airport and it was already going through the whole warning page thing. Even though I don't have to ask for permission to fly there under 107 and for fun, I still coordinated with my airport and we have an agreement. But with the whole NFZ issue in .600 I didn't want it to shut me down or emergency land or any other crap, but I carried on. When we got to .700 everything went to crap. I have ranted in another post about it but I had one issue after another. Erratic movements, constant loss of signal, it would just go into emergency brake for no apparent reason. The list goes on and on. After just two flights on the .700 upgrade I was really scared to even fly it for fear of loosing it somewhere or crashing it. So I reverted back to .400 since many in here have said that they didn't seem to have a lot of issues with it.

Personally on .400 to me it isn't perfect by any means. I notice it is a little more jerky and I have been having this issue in lower light where the obstacle avoidance kicks in for no reason at all. But I have gotten used to it and it has almost become a non issue. I did like playing around with Airplane mode though, but it wasn't a necessity as I don't really use it for much of my camera work. I don't know if the FW in the bird has anything to do with it but I do notice my phone crashing more often since I downgraded to .400 but I think that is just an Android problem and something to do with the latest version of Go4. Anyway for now I am just going to stick with .400 until .750 or .800 comes out and we see if all is well in the world. I have thought about trying Litchi but since my bird is only three months old I don't want to have a failure that would be covered under warranty and DJI deny it because I was using a third party app. I still may try it anyway as I really need to be able to set up better waypoint missions and pre program camera control while doing it.

Last edited:
I'm interested to know if those running the older .400 firmware are running the latest 4.0.7 DJI Go4 App (android specifically)?
I'm on 0400 firmware (Mavic and RC) and, on my Samsung A5 2016, DJI Go 4.0.7... all OK.
OK also 4.0.6 but I have got app disconnection on DJI Go 4.0.5

Still on .200 and it performs like a dream.
No loss of originally advertised range or speed. I have no focus issues, no gps drift and I know nothing about this "watercolor" I keep hearing about. I have no reason nor desire to upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: rigor
That's easy. The most recent one. Why, because I don't like having outdated firmware. You might find something that's annoying to you in new firmware, but you may also find something that's disastrous by using old firmware. DJI weighs that in when they access your warranty, but we all knew that right?

You do realize that DJI has responded to this nonsense on their own forum. Firmware updates are optional and have ZERO effect on warranty or DJI Care Refresh.
...but we all knew this right? Lmao

https://forum.dji.com/thread-64854-1-1.html

Last edited:
0700, 4.1.0. No issues yet.

Also Autopilot 4.0. Did you recognize they fixed drifting issues in cruise mode?

I read it but for some reason, I don't understand Cruise mode. Also, too much obstacles here (cranes, mast etc) to try. I watched the videos 100 times but need to watch again...

To be honest guys I was on 550 till the a couple of weeks ago when I thought I would give the latest update a go.
Flew perfect on 550 but now on latest .700 it really is good.Totally rock solid,RTH is even better now,sport mode is a touch faster,really does feel good now even after around 8 or 9 flights oh and maybe it's me but flight time seems longer as well.

Hi guys just would like to hear what firmware version you prefer and why you think it's the best one to use
I am using the latest firmware and am having issues such as a 7m height glitch which is easily overcome just land and take off again. It has appeared before but not so low. I would like to know why I can't use follow me on the features it says there is no good gps signal to lock on to. Yet I can set waypoints and there is no problem at all?

In general, 01.03.0400 didn’t work well in general with the new DJI GO 4 App. Video was laggy. Some parts of the new app weren’t even compatible with this old firmware. .0400 was just too old.

I updated to .0900 (the last version that you can remove the altitude limit) and it was released long ago enough that DJI hadn’t started making the Mavic worse in order to drive more sales of their new drones.

Works fine with the app now. I can’t do a range test just yet because it’s raining and gonnna be raining non stop for another week. Vancouver, I love you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4