DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best landing gear for Mavic Pro 2

Torcan

Permanent Newbie, always learning
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I see a lot of posts concerning landing gear, but haven't yet what everyone would consider as the best
I have had some bad luck with mine, I originally bought the Polar Pro, they fit well but over time, and I would say only about maybe 20 uses the weak point is the pivot that snapped off on one of the rear extensions, the other is loose and now flops down on its own and will no longer stay in the up position, and front just wore down the small ball pivots rendering the gear useless.

I have ordered from different places on Amazon, because of Prime free shipping, and sometimes the price is cheaper than ordering direct from the exact same supplier, I had experience where I was being charged more in USD plus shipping than what I paid in CAD with free shipping !!

unfortunately I have been burned now twice with the wrong product being sent to me on landing gear, package description says Mavic Pro, but entirely wrong see last delivery, I am again without landing gear as I have to return

So.. my question after all this, what is the BEST landing gear for my Mavic 2 Pro? And that I will be delivered something I can use

SEE: Package definitely says Mavic Pro

IMG-2529.jpgIMG-2528.jpgIMG-2527.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately DJI has so many models with similar names is can be very confusing. Make sure that the model you are looking for is mentioned on the sale page. The Mavic air 2 is easily confused with the Mavic 2 pro or the Mavic zoom but they are totally different. Read the add very carefully plus look at all of the pix and video if there is one also check out the feedback.

I hand launch and hand catch every flight in order to keep the copter away from the dusty ground, but I am familiar with Polar Pro and their customer service. Give them a call, and tell what the issue is. They will make things right and sent you replacements.

Reactions: CommanderKJDF
Firstly, you want accessories for the Mavic 2 (this designation includes the Pro, Zoom, & Enterprise, which all share the airframe). The Mavic Pro is an earlier model, and as you found, not interchangeable at all. Unfortunately, that mistake was yours. Easy to confuse things, but as long as you spec "Mavic 2", you'll be fine. Oh, and now that DJI has come out with the Mavic Air 2, that has nothing to do with the Mavic 2!

Firstly, you want accessories for the Mavic 2 (this designation includes the Pro, Zoom, & Enterprise, which all share the airframe). The Mavic Pro is an earlier model, and as you found, not interchangeable at all. Unfortunately, that mistake was yours. Easy to confuse things, but as long as you spec "Mavic 2", you'll be fine. Oh, and now that DJI has come out with the Mavic Air 2, that has nothing to do with the Mavic 2!
so now you have confused me
as you can see it is clearly indicated on the packaging I posted in my original it says Mavic Pro
and in the package were the items as shown, and yes I do have a Mavic 2 Pro and that is what I go by
Maybe you are right, and I went by Mavic Pro and should be sure it says Mavic 2 Pro
I hand launch and hand catch every flight in order to keep the copter away from the dusty ground, but I am familiar with Polar Pro and their customer service. Give them a call, and tell what the issue is. They will make things right and sent you replacements.
I had the Polar Pro, they do not stand up to use. Regardless if they are replaced or not, the weak point is the knobs that join the parts, They wear out and don't last.:( I know replacing with same will only happen again. I sent them to the recycle bin a few days ago, and to boot, they were not cheap. (But their packaging is outstanding)

So back to my question, which landing gear would you guys suggest that are the best? I wish I had faith in Polar Pro, but my experience with their landing gear sways me away,
as for floats...I am not interested in putting floats on my drone, not planning on landing on water, and honestly, I think they look gawdy

Thank you everyone
IMG-2531.jpg

Last edited:
Your hand

I use the Polar Pro for the Mavic 2 and I've been very happy with that setup. When I broke one of the rear arms (my fault, and I told them that) they replaced it no questions asked. So, from a functionality perspective (folds out of the way, no need to remove to store the Mavic) and for Customer Service, I'd go with Polar Pro.

• Love
Reactions: scdronemedia
Only if you are brave enough I am not, was OK until those screaming props got close to my head even with my arm extended, I chickened out.
Smart! I hope the guys who hand catch are wearing eye protection.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I've had a couple dozen flights with the PolarPro landing extensions and so far they haven't failed. The added height is just right for me. I even feel comfortable that the camera/gimble are high enough and can move freely while upgrading firmware as it sits on my sofa while connected to the PC.

But after reading this post, I'm going to pay close attention to being careful when extending/closing them in the future.

I originally bought the Polar Pro, they fit well but over time, and I would say only about maybe 20 uses the weak point is the pivot that snapped off on one of the rear extensions
Are you aware that PolarPro give a lifetime warrenty on their products?
I have to say that I have had mine permanently on for 5 months, using the drone at least twice weekly (or more) and they are still as tight as ever (sometimes frustratingly so lol).

Reactions: Drbobk
I was not aware, unfortunately I sent them to the recycle box. :(
They were still tight at front because they basically clip as well at the front, it was the rear that the little ball that they turn on wore out, and one side broke off completely
Thanks though..appreciated

James

PolarPro Retracts for Mavic Pro 2 are excellent very strong joints quality rubberised black mounts good thing is you can fold it up completely on drone and still fits in all the cases.

After owning my M2P for over a year I use the landing gear more in the summer time,longer grass mainly the reason,but what I want to point out is..that I'm very happy with my landing gear,BUT if I ever had to replace it I would buy a set which would stay attached whilst I folded the drone.

Well, I went back to Polar Pro and they arrived yesterday
Expensive lesson learned, $120 CAD landed cost
Here is the breakdown $49.99 + $20(shipping, they only offer DHL for international) = $69.99USD converted to CAD is $95
Then DHL because they collected taxes, added another $25 landed so $120 CAD for any of my Canadian friends looking to buy these be aware of the final cost for your budgets.

if these wear out again, I will contact Polar Pro before trashing them like the last set

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll