DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best MN - Western WI Fall Colors locations

Bru034

Reactions
Minnesota - Western Wisconsin pilots -

Where is a good place to go get some fall color pics? I would possibly like to go out this weekend snap a couple.

Thanks for you input.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Bru034
I haven't gotten over to Hudson yet, but there are a few places that look ok to fly from along the St. Croix in town. I haven't found any local ordinances that prevent flying from parks, etc . . .

Can't fly in Interstate Park also the Saint Croix River corridor is classified a No Fly Zone on the maps, but I have heard of people flying there, so not sure if monitored closely. My neighbor is a SCF policeman and knew of someone flying over the river. Also a couple of grass field airports around Taylors Falls and north of Saint Croix Falls, but haven't seen much airplane action there. Hospital downtown gets a fair about of hilocoptor traffic so need to watch out for that. Lots of maple trees and oak trees along the gandy dancer trail north of Highway 8 for a few miles.

Whatever you do, do it safe and don't rune it for those of us that live and fly here.

Minnesota - Western Wisconsin pilots -

Where is a good place to go get some fall color pics? I would possibly like to go out this weekend snap a couple.

Thanks for you input.
Howdy from Wyoming Bru034, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

SMP Lakeville.jpg

Didn't get up to the St. Croix Falls area but took this photo above Steve Michaud Park, Lakeville, MN

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair