DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Best of the Best - My drone highlight reel

Reactions
Site
www.enhancedexposuremedia.com
I poured my heart and soul into this video. I will truly appreciate it if you give me two and a half minutes of your day to watch my drone reel! This highlight video is over four years in the making, featuring stunning aerial videos from numerous interesting locations. From 2018-2021 footage was shot on the DJI Mavic Air and in 2022 footage was shot on the DJI Mavic Air 2S. You’ll get to see ten unique hyperlapse shots. If you’re unfamiliar with what a hyperlapse shot is, it’s a series of photos merged together quickly. I would fly the drone through a mapped out set of waypoints and have the aircraft take a photo every five seconds for fifteen to twenty minutes. I’d then merge all the photos together to create some breathtaking shots! I’m really proud of this video and am excited to finally share it. While the footage ranges from 2018 to 2022, I began editing this project back in May. The final hyperlapse shot was taken just two days ago, Sunday August 14th.

Thank you so much for checking this out.

PS: Watch with the sound on and up!

0:10 Field of Dreams - Dyersville, IA
0:13 Mercedes Benz Stadium & State Farm Arena, home of the Atlanta Falcons and Hawks - Atlanta, GA
0:19 Xavier High School - Cedar Rapids, IA
0:22 Truist Park, home of the Atlanta Braves - Atlanta, GA
0:25 The Pentacrest, former state capitol of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
0:28 Modern Woodmen Park, home of the Quad Cities River Bandits - Davenport, IA
0:32 Kryton Metals - Cedar Falls, IA
0:36 Interstate 380 S Curve - Cedar Rapids, IA
0:42 Vinton Courthouse - Vinton, IA
0:45 Clickstop Inc. - Urbana, IA
0:47 Shrine Ridge Trail - Red Cliff, CO
0:49 Marion High School Football Field - Marion, IA
0:51 Spaghetti Junction - Atlanta, GA
0:55 Interstate 380 & Interstate 80 - Iowa City, IA
0:58 Mississippi River - Pikes Peak State Park, IA
1:03 Field of Dreams - Dyersville, IA
1:07 Shrine Ridge Trail - Red Cliff, CO
1:09 Twin Cities - Minneapolis, MN
1:12 Kinnick Stadium - Iowa City, IA
1:16 Clickstop Inc. - Urbana, IA
1:18 Cobb Parkway & Kennesaw Mountain - Kennesaw, GA (check out the fireworks from the Braves stadium at the beginning of the shot in the far back left)
1:28 Midtown - Atlanta, GA
1:35 Cabin - Breckenridge, CO
1:38 Downtown - Cedar Rapids, IA
1:40 Foggy Farmland - Clayton County, IA
1:44 Prospect Meadows - Marion, IA
1:47 Backyard - Cedar Rapids, IA
1:50 Farmhouse - Center Point, IA
1:53 Worlds Largest Strawberry - Strawberry Point, IA
1:57 Downtown - Des Moines, IA
2:00 Field of Dreams - Dyersville, IA
2:04 Breckenridge Golf Club - Breckenridge, CO
2:11 Indian Creek Nature Center - Cedar Rapids, IA
2:13 Quaker Oats & Downtown - Cedar Rapids, IA
2:16 Interstate 75 & Truist Park, home of the Atlanta Braves - Atlanta, GA

I poured my heart and soul into this video. I will truly appreciate it if you give me two and a half minutes of your day to watch my drone reel! This highlight video is over four years in the making, featuring stunning aerial videos from numerous interesting locations. From 2018-2021 footage was shot on the DJI Mavic Air and in 2022 footage was shot on the DJI Mavic Air 2S. You’ll get to see ten unique hyperlapse shots. If you’re unfamiliar with what a hyperlapse shot is, it’s a series of photos merged together quickly. I would fly the drone through a mapped out set of waypoints and have the aircraft take a photo every five seconds for fifteen to twenty minutes. I’d then merge all the photos together to create some breathtaking shots! I’m really proud of this video and am excited to finally share it. While the footage ranges from 2018 to 2022, I began editing this project back in May. The final hyperlapse shot was taken just two days ago, Sunday August 14th.

0:13 Mercedes Benz Stadium & State Farm Arena, home of the Atlanta Falcons and Hawks - Atlanta, GA
1:18 Cobb Parkway & Kennesaw Mountain - Kennesaw, GA (check out the fireworks from the Braves stadium at the beginning of the shot in the far back left)
Brilliant. The editing is great and you are very adventurous - I'd never dare to fly inside a building (Kryton Metals)! I've taken some photos for time lapse but haven't had time to stitch them together yet.

{Link Removed by Moderator- create your own post}

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, you've inspired me to do some night hyper lapse vids.
That's great! Shoot me a message if you ever have any questions. I definitely had some trial and error over the last several months. Sometimes things went well - thought I had everything figured out only to go out another time and find new ways to make mistakes. Always a learning process.

Brilliant. The editing is great and you are very adventurous - I'd never dare to fly inside a building (Kryton Metals)! I've taken some photos for time lapse but haven't had time to stitch them together yet. Could you look at my time stitch video of Bergen? It's 3 waypoint missions at different times of day spliced together to try to seamlessly change between day and night in a shot - not as polished as yours, but the music is good.
I really liked your video! The footage is incredible and like you said, the music is awesome. While your shots don't edit seamlessly between different times of the day, I actually like how you cut the shots with the music. I'd love to have that type of scenery to shoot some time - good work!

Very nice. Not to be negative, my only constructive criticism is the twilight shots are a bit dark and some of the movements in the Hyperlapse were a little jerky. Other than that, the shots were very good.

You are now part of the club of videographers that I dearly respect….

Well done and I agree with all the applause in the comments. One observation for you to consider. The segments are brief each very worthy. I found myself taking in the segment, and then wanting to know what and where. The font used for the actual location was very small and the time to read very limited. For example your excellent time lapse titled “Midtown” has a very small, small “Atlanta” tucked underneath. My repeated trying to orient as to “ WHERE is this taken” was a struggle. The provided list is helpful. Consider that the WHERE font and WHAT FONT should be the same. The viewer’s screen size and proximity is a variable. I viewed this on iPhone 13 pro max. I will play it later on a desk top. My choice of music would be a little less frenetic but you are the creator and your choice works.
Well done video compilation and a beautiful tour the variety of this great nation. Thanks for the opportunity!

Very nice. Not to be negative, my only constructive criticism is the twilight shots are a bit dark and some of the movements in the Hyperlapse were a little jerky. Other than that, the shots were very good.
Thanks for the feedback. I probably could have brightened up a few of the shots. Smoothing out the movements is tricky but something I got better at each time I attempted a HL. When I'm flying and setting up the waypoints, it feels like I'm doing a very subtle movement to pan or tilt but I learned even those very subtle movements can be jerky for the final output. Much different than just flying and recording video. I appreciate you checking out the video.

Well done and I agree with all the applause in the comments. One observation for you to consider. The segments are brief each very worthy. I found myself taking in the segment, and then wanting to know what and where. The font used for the actual location was very small and the time to read very limited. For example your excellent time lapse titled “Midtown” has a very small, small “Atlanta” tucked underneath. My repeated trying to orient as to “ WHERE is this taken” was a struggle. The provided list is helpful. Consider that the WHERE font and WHAT FONT should be the same. The viewer’s screen size and proximity is a variable. I viewed this on iPhone 13 pro max. I will play it later on a desk top. My choice of music would be a little less frenetic but you are the creator and your choice works.
Well done video compilation and a beautiful tour the variety of this great nation. Thanks for the opportunity!
I appreciate you taking such a close look at the video! I think your observations are fair. I too worried that some of my shots went by too quickly. I really enjoyed the song I was editing to and always try to edit my videos to the music. My thoughts on the quick shots were both to edit to the music and make the viewer wanting more. But the flipside of that is that I don't get to let the shots breath and give the viewer a real good sense of the scene. Some give and take there. I probably could make an extended version where I give each scene/location 10-15 seconds.
Your point on fonts is well taken. In a perfect world, I'd hope everyone is watching on their smart TV or at least on a desktop but I understand the reality is many probably watch on their phones. I'll consider a larger font in the future.
Thanks again for checking the video out.

Reactions: Rick243
Very nice! We must live close to each other as I'm about 20 minutes south of Cedar Rapids
I lived on the NE side of CR but just moved down to the Atlanta area a few weeks ago. I feel like I exhausted just about all the good spots in the eastern Iowa area for aerial shots (I'm sure I didn't though) so I'm excited to have a huge new territory to go out and film.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98