DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to sell a drone? I know MPilots has a classified... what are the best options?

eBay's new system allow you to use any card to pay for a purchase, and when you sell, you receive your money in a couple of days with no fees.
No fees now. Lol. You gotta be kidding! They recently raised their fees from 10+% to 13+%. That covers former PayPal fees plus more. Plus now they collect sales tax on every sale you make and you pay the fees on the sales tax you don’t get. I just sold a $1576 item and fees came out to 15% of the sale because they include the sales tax as part of your sale total for fees and that didn’t even include shipping.

eBay's fees are getting higher. Everything I have sold, the buyer has paid the shipping charges. As far as Taxes go, eBay does collect and pay them, so it 's not income. They do have a pretty good protection plan. eBay Money Back Guarantee
Sales tax Is not income but you still pay eBay fees on it.

In the last couple of months I have sold three of my drones on eBay. I am very glad that they don't require PayPal any more.
Letting buyers use a CC is no guarantee that you will get to keep your money. Buyers can claim a chargeback to their CC company and they will always win the case, get their money back and get to keep the item.

I sell on eBay a lot (posting for an auction company) and this is not an uncommon scheme for scammers. We have yet to win one of the CC chargeback cases (5 total). Some eBay buyers do that a lot. The get the item and leave good feedback on eBay to protect their eBay account but then turn around and put in a chargeback to their CC to get a refund.

In the last couple of months I have sold three of my drones on eBay. I am very glad that they don't require PayPal any more. Like many others, I had a bad experience with them. I received a large payment from a client through PayPal and they locked my account and held the funds for three months. They don't tell you why, just that you broke one of their protocols. Apparently if you receive a large amount, they will put a hold on your funds, assuming that you are laundering money. YouTube is filled with horror stories about PayPal. eBay's new system allow you to use any card to pay for a purchase, and when you sell, you receive your money in a couple of days with no fees.
Yeah, I closed my paypal account a while back, I think they hold it to collect on the interest maybe..

I certainly have no axe to grind in this issue but I, too, have sold many items one bay, and one recently for over $2000 for a motion slider. In my opinion, Pay Pal put in place those stringent precautions to protect both buyer and seller. I have had at least two spoof buy/offers on ebay for that same item, which, when pursued, did not pan out and I avoided a scam using Pay Pal. They ascertain that both the buyer is getting what he/she wants and that the seller is also protected in getting his money. I would hope that e-bay will protect us as well/ I have sold one item since e-bay dropped Pay Pal and all went well for both of us (I sold an Osmo 2 gimbal and used the $ for an Osmo 4 gimbal. -the OM4).

Dale
I got scammed twice on line (one ebay) both with paypal, and both times I filed a dispute with paypal , paypal declined to do anything, hence my closing the account..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots