DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best places in Texas

Malulo

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots...

I’ve recently been relocated to Texas - Galveston County - I know Texas has much more more to offer then just refineries.

What in your opinion are the most beautiful places in Texas to record drone shoots?

Thanks,

I live in Dallas. When I want to shoot some nice video, I simply hop on a quick 2 hour flight to Mexico. Or 2 hours the other direction to the Rocky Mountains.

I don't have any refineries near me to shoot. :(

If you need any tips on the best settings to film traffic, or cows: I'm your man.

Welcome to Texas!

But seriously, Big Bend National Park is only 700 miles west of you. That's a beautiful place. Just don't get caught flying your drone there - "national park". :oops:

I live in Dallas. When I want to shoot some nice video, I simply hop on a quick 2 hour flight to Mexico. Or 2 hours the other direction to the Rocky Mountains.

I don't have any refineries near me to shoot. :(

If you need any tips on the best settings to film traffic, or cows: I'm your man.

Welcome to Texas!

But seriously, Big Bend National Park is only 700 miles west of you. That's a beautiful place. Just don't get caught flying your drone there - "national park". :oops:

Hi Tray,

First and foremost thank you for welcoming to Texas, great State and great people...

Second, I’ll for sure “abuse” from your tips.

Mexico is on my list but I also want to show to others the beauties of Texas, show that Texas can also be touristy, is not just industrial and farms... most foreign visitors got to Florida, California, New York, Las Vegas, etc. but I’m sure Texas is beautiful too

Lost Maples Natural Area park during fall, along the banks of Guadalupe river, Hills near and between Campwood/Leakey TX. Medina Lake when the water levels are up. Big Bend, Palo Duro Canyon.

Reactions: Malulo
I too live in Galveston county. Some of the places around are the Concrete ship off Galveston Island, Pleasure Pier there in Galveston. of course there is the trip up to Houston. There is also Kemah Boardwalk and also the marinas in the area. Also there is Fort Travis located on Bolivar peninsula on the other side of the fairy boats.

Hello all, I'm trying to find safe places to fly around So Padre Island, Brownsville and Los Fresnos. Looks like parks are off the table and that I need to know the property owner wherever I fly... any advice to a newbie just flying to fun?

+1 on Big Bend NP! I live a hour north of it and it's beautiful! Just launch outside of park limits and you're good.

In Christmas, head to Johnson city. As you can see, they do a good job in most of the city.
And you can even go across and visit the National Park!T82 DJI Johnson city.jpg

Reactions: Mossie42
The piney woods of East Texas aren't far from you and there are several lakes including Sam Rayburn that are at record levels currently.

Just got home this morning from Dallas. Was there on a mission not related to drone flying but managed to get to White Rock Lake on Saturday for some flying. There were lots of boats sailing out there. Pretty place to be in a big city and thankfully outside the NFZ's. Also talked to local LEO's there and they had no problem with it as long as you weren't "pestering" any humans.

The piney woods of East Texas aren't far from you and there are several lakes including Sam Rayburn that are at record levels currently.
I'm up in the Tyler TX area and right time of the year (Fall) the hardwoods are turning making for some pretty treetop overflights West Texas over by the Caprock will make for some great canyon shots, north Central Texas out by lake Texhoma water and woods and cliff and islands (not sure of regs) but the State Park has a cliff face that shells off into deepest part of the lake right time of year water is clear as glass and you can almost swear your shooting an area off the coast., Far south west Texas dessert shoots with sand dunes,,, north Midwest Texas huge farmlands.
Texas is one of the few states in our great nation that offers a taste of every climate zone and topography.
From wide long winding rivers to open flat fields to thick lush Forest to ........... Need I go on Welcome to Texas kick ur boots off, grab a cold one out of the cooler grab a chair and enjoy
:)

Reactions: Mossie42
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+