Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Best SD card for Pocket 2

RonanCork

Reactions
Hi All,

I recently bought a Pocket 2. I was wondering what the best SD card for it is ?

Reason being that I tried using the micro sd card that I had already (in fact it's one I use for a Mavic Air 2 Drone). It's the "SanDisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD XC 1 (with a 10 in a circle on it)"

When I try record video (4k-24fps) it says "SD Card speed low". I then tried to format it the card. When i went into the format option it says "Card error - format card". I did format successfully but shows the above when i go into the format menu

Guessing I need to get a better/faster SD card

Any guidance would be great.
Thanks - Ro

anotherlab

Reactions
Hi All,

Reason being that I tried using the micro sd card that I had already (in fact it's one I use for a Mavic Air 2 Drone). It's the "SanDisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD XC 1 (with a 10 in a circle on it)"

When I try record video (4k-24fps) it says "SD Card speed low". I then tried to format it the card. When i went into the format option it says "Card error - format card". I did format successfully but shows the above when i go into the format menu

Thanks - Ro
I would go with the recommendations from DJI at DJI Pocket 2 - Specifications - DJI. They list "Max 256 GB SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Grade 1 or UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSD" and then include a list of recommended cards.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The card you have is even too slow for the MA2, particularly 4k. You need a U3 rated card or better. V30 is even better since the V rating is specifically targeted for video.

A class 10 is a lower rating that doesn't quite make the 100Mbps sustained write speed needed for 4K since MA1.

Reactions: pelagic_one

Dale D

Reactions
Hi All,

Thanks - Ro
I use a 32GD card in my Osmo Pocket and have not yet had any problem. It was a backup to my Mavic 2 Pro which uses a 128 GB card.

Johnmcl7

Reactions
I'm finding the Pocket 2 is really picky over the SD cards and I'm wondering if mine has a fault, it rejected several straight out as not being good enough when they were decent cards with the right speed and can manage 4K no issue. I ended up using the exact card listed above and recorded with it this afternoon however the Pocket 2 starting showing an SD error and when I put the card into the PC, it's showing as corrupted so I've lost everything. During use the Pocket 2 did briefly show a card error and reinserting it sorted it but this time no such luck, even after formatting the card again it warned me that the card was too slow and I could only use it for lower resolution modes.

I was going to ask for other recommendations but I'll persevere with this one if it's supposed to work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kermit_xc