DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best unboosted antenna?

MiStro

Reactions
I'm trying to pick out an antenna to mod onto my remote to get better range in suburban NJ with lots of houses and trees. Something that can handle 5.8 is preferred, since my neighborhood is terrible for 2.4 interference. I get about 2800 feet away when 400 feet up, which is not terribly far.

I know that getting something boosted would be better, but I'm trying to keep to cost down, and also the weight since I fly with my phone and not a tablet to offset it.

The primary options I have come across would be the Raptor SR or the Titan Control, with the SR having the slight edge at being compatible with both 2.4 and 5.8 in one unit. I don't know if in my area one of these would even help, so anyone with experience using them in a similar environment, I'd love to get your input (as well as anyone else here). Other suggestions would be great too.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Prismatic
I have got the external antenna called Sparkwave Duo. Before install I call fly my air up to 1800m at certain location. After I install it, my Air can go more than 3000m. Worth to try.

I have got the external antenna called Sparkwave Duo. Before install I call fly my air up to 1800m at certain location. After I install it, my Air can go more than 3000m. Worth to try.

I gave it a try, and unfortunately noticed absolutely no benefit. I think with my area, something omnidirectional and powered is needed... going to try the Titan Atlas 5.8....hoping to actually see a gain in range.

I highly recommended the 4hawks Raptor SR. I just installed 2 days ago and very happy so far flying around my Urban City full of Wi-Fi interference. Now I can fly further never before. I returned the crappy Itelite DBS SPARKWAVE DUO which doesn't work for me. Titan Drones have the Control 5.8 now, maybe you can try that too.
9d32529cdd219d4d28a511bd09ca50f9.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada