DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Waypoints App ?

There are a few, but litchi seems to be pretty popular if you don’t want to get to intricate with your missions

To be honest I haven’t used it. I believe it’s ok, but litchi seems to be pretty popular.
Autopilot is also very good. It’s more capable but a steeper learning curve. Really depends on what you are wanting to do.

As a user of both GO4 and Litchi, I must say that there is a learning curve associated with both apps - a lot of similar things, but a lot of unique stuff with Litchi, especially due to the additional capabilities it provides.

Reactions: Haggar
Dronelink is the most sophisticated if you want lots of control.

Dronelink looks amazing. Going to have to dive into it one of these days.

Recommendations :)
I use Litchi and DJI Go 4. I purchased ($25) Litchi specifically for the Off-Line Mission building capability with my laptop and syncing with my phone along with some other nice features I found to be well worth the small expenditure. I'm a rookie to drone flying my Mavic Pro and used DJI Go 4 with my Samsung S9 phone to learn how to control and fly my unit. I have replaced my Samsung Galaxy S9 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet for it's 9.7" screen. Building and Loading a Waypoint Mission is easy once you learn the few steps required. The learning curve on both apps is easily ascended with the YouTube videos which are abundant. Happy and Safe Trails and Flying

Any reccomendations as to the best and safest waypoints app to use on my mavic 2?
Thanks.
I have used both Drone Link & Litchi. Litchi wins - no contest. Dronelink actions often cause missions to fail or just not load.

There are a few things to know. In Litch, if you want automated actions, (camera on/off, spin, or change points of interest), Your drone has to get to a waypoint and if you use curves across waypoints, then it never gets to the exact spot. I am planning of trying curves but putting in a couple of intermediate way points that are on a straight line to see if this gets around the problem.

Reactions: Craig K.
I have used both Drone Link & Litchi. Litchi wins - no contest. Dronelink actions often cause missions to fail or just not load.

There are a few things to know. In Litch, if you want automated actions, (camera on/off, spin, or change points of interest), Your drone has to get to a waypoint and if you use curves across waypoints, then it never gets to the exact spot. I am planning of trying curves but putting in a couple of intermediate way points that are on a straight line to see if this gets around the problem.

You don't understand Dronelink well enough. It takes a while. The problems you mention with Litchi are some of the things that Dronelink can do anywhere along a path if you understand how to setup the mission correctly.

They both have there advantages.

I'm a pretty new guy here and I have a new M2Z. I did my 1st Litchi Mission yesterday. What a hoot! I do have to admit a certain amount of discomfort to see me new Mavic 2 flying off into the sunset without my input but it turned out well. I actually flew my route 5 times and incorporated RTH at the end of the Mission. I'm going to do another one this week with curved turns. I did a lot of things in the first mission as a test. Next I'm just going to go for smoothness.

Reactions: Davros007
Just remember RTH can get you in trouble if there are any obstacles in the path from the end of the mission to home. I usually play it safer by setting a final way point ( overhead) very close to home. This way you can preview the mission and see that the total path to home is clear

You can do much worse than try Dronelink. It is free (for non-commercial users), it has a set of instructional videos and it is very clever (with its re-usable code). I have tried it several times, but have stuck with Litchi because of a sense of familiarity... and my sunken cost!
Dronelink is actually very good, but a bit complicated to use because of all the parameters you control. With any automated flying - drone will go exactly where it's programmed to go. Which in itself can be risky.

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
I'm a pretty new guy here and I have a new M2Z. I did my 1st Litchi Mission yesterday. What a hoot! I do have to admit a certain amount of discomfort to see me new Mavic 2 flying off into the sunset without my input but it turned out well. I actually flew my route 5 times and incorporated RTH at the end of the Mission. I'm going to do another one this week with curved turns. I did a lot of things in the first mission as a test. Next I'm just going to go for smoothness.
Haha, yes - I still get adrenaline rush when I use automated missions! But never regretted it. You can also do missions in DJI Pilot (Android only), it's quite easy to plan and it gives sense of security of not using 3rd party app.

Any reccomendations as to the best and safest waypoints app to use on my mavic 2?
Thanks.
DJI Pilot (for Android), Dronelink and Litchi work for me. Dronelink has a LOT of parameters to set, but is very flexible and has 3D visualisation feature where you can view your flight before you fly it.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. I've chosen Litchi and from what I can see up to now, it will do the job fine. Only problem is the bad weather. Not been able to fly for nearly 2 months now! Good flying to all.

Reactions: Craig K.
Like others have stated, I opted for Dronelink. The learning curve is a bit steep, but DL seems to always be advancing with new features and tools that cover a wide array of applications. They have a whole video tutorial library and for non commercial use it's free...Hard to beat free when it's so advanced and capable of so much more than most paid for software/applications.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d