DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Better still photos

Arthur H H

Reactions
Okay I can get 12Mp passable stills from the mavic, but it sure is still behind when compared to my DSLR. Yes I know it isnt designed for that. My question is with the lift capacity of the Pro what sort of remotely triggered camera is out there that might give me better quality stills. I dont need preview of the shot the Pro view should give me a good idea of my composition but I need to trigger it with say my phone (not used to fly the Pro) and have some control over exposure and aperture settings?

Lifting capacity is irrelevant. The Phantom 4 Pro uses its own camera. You can't just put any old camera on it.

The P4P has the best camera out of DJI's current consumer lineup. Whether it will be good enough for what you're wanting, I can't say.

Lifting capacity is irrelevant. The Phantom 4 Pro uses its own camera. You can't just put any old camera on it.

The P4P has the best camera out of DJI's current consumer lineup. Whether it will be good enough for what you're wanting, I can't say.
Um I have a Mavic Pro as per the forum title not concerned about phantom unless there is an answer for a Phantom p3 Pro which I also have

Um I have a Mavic Pro as per the forum title not concerned about phantom unless there is an answer for a Phantom p3 Pro which I also have
Um sorry, you were going back and forth between calling it the Mavic and the Pro. Most people just call it the Mavic. The Phantom 4 Pro has a better camera, which I thought was relevant to the discussion since the camera on the Mavic isn't changeable (neither is the camera on the P4P or the P3P.

It sounds like you may be better off getting either the P4P or the Inspire 2, because you're not going to get anything near the quality of a DSLR with the Mavic or the Phantoms.

I have seen videos of the mavic lifting up to 1kg

I personally wouldn't go anywhere near that weight, when or even if I ever lifted anything.

Now you just need to find a remote trigger for a lightweight camera that you can attach. Guess it will depend on the camera and shoe for the trigger.

Some remote triggers do have a decent range.

Will involve a lot of trial and error I would have thought to get the settings right.

Good luck

Last edited:
I have seen videos of the mavic lifting up to 1kg

I personally wouldn't go anywhere near that weight, when or even if I ever lifted anything.

Now you just need to find a remote trigger for a lightweight camera that you can attach. Guess it will depend on the camera and shoe for the trigger.

Some remote triggers do have a decent range.

Will involve a lot of trial and error I would have thought to get the settings right.

Good luck
Yeah was hoping someone had gone don the path before me with adding a remote triggered stills camera to the Mavic Pro

The furthest remote trigger I could find works at 150mtrs - Hama Wireless Remote DCCS

As for a camera, obviously there are many to choose from, so it depends on what you want out it, I guess and whether it is compatible with the remote trigger.

Last edited:
Um sorry, you were going back and forth between calling it the Mavic and the Pro. Most people just call it the Mavic. The Phantom 4 Pro has a better camera, which I thought was relevant to the discussion since the camera on the Mavic isn't changeable (neither is the camera on the P4P or the P3P.

It sounds like you may be better off getting either the P4P or the Inspire 2, because you're not going to get anything near the quality of a DSLR with the Mavic or the Phantoms.

Haha I don't think you are quite getting the gist of what he is asking :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf