DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEWARE Standard M3 Amazon buyers

I may be wrong, but I thought when OS3 came out, they said it only effected the video signal, not the control signal.

It sucks that they would launch the drone with OS3 and base controller is outdated and old and still costs like 3 grand
Sometimes, the first thing you sell, is the thing you have in stock...

TCS

Reactions: Droniac
Keep in mind that the FAA will soon outlaw DJI and any Chinese drone manufacturer in the USA.
Based on what - the "government" saying it will not allow DJI drones? Totally different sector and issue. People are just walking the anti-Chinese bandwagon and making DJI seem to appear like Huawei - which is not even remotely close in terms of "data" to steal / use.

Since most drones are made in China - would that ban not also carry over to all that make or produce parts in China for drones? I DO NOT synch my drone data with DJI, so I'm guessing they get little to nothing from me and if they did - no relevant data worth them going to such measures. Yes, for some Part 107 people who fly around restricted areas, some data may be useful - but at what cost to retrieve and filter it. Huawei and Internet / system network routers and switches is a totally different ballgame, so the "idiots" in DC that use such comparisons is simply hyperbole and political grand standing.

I guess we'll all have to upgrade to a Predator or other drone that "may" be made in the USA if this comes about. Can we also get the missiles and other cool stuff that they also carry? Oh wait, I need a nice long airstrip to take off and land from. (read sarcasm into those comments)

• Love
Reactions: ssvdh66 and Droniac
Anyone who pays what DJI is asking for the Mavic 3 is an IDIOT!.... DJI is ripping people off....The basic price may not be that bad...But the cost of the fly more and Cine upgrade is way out of bounds!..
A boycott of DJI would send a message but we all know that won't happen because to many
" just have to have the Mavic 3" eventhough the quality of the
photos and video will not be much if ANY better than they are getting from their
Mavic Pro 2 or 2s....
I would put my photos / videos up aganist any shot with the
Mavic 3 and you would not ne able to see the difference.
Now I know some will say " this guy is jus complaining because he doesn't have the $$$$$ for the Mavic 3".....,I can assure you that is not the case...I just dont like being ripped off!
Exactly, we don't like being ripped off ;)

“Idiot” is a bit strong imo. And personally I’m staying with my M2P and if I was to decide on the M3 in the future I’d still keep my M2P. M3 (for now) not for me. Plus the 11th commandment “thou shalt not pay retail”. Boy it does seem that they are squeezing our mmmm 🎾 tennis balls
Heck I still use my Mavic Pro 1 :D

What's ironic is the Air 2S is spec'ed to support Occusync 3.0 transmission

1636213245562.png

Anyone who pays what DJI is asking for the Mavic 3 is an IDIOT!.... DJI is ripping people off....The basic price may not be that bad...But the cost of the fly more and Cine upgrade is way out of bounds!..
A boycott of DJI would send a message but we all know that won't happen because to many
photos and video will not be much if ANY better than they are getting from their
Mavic Pro 2 or 2s....
Now I know some will say " this guy is jus complaining because he doesn't have the $$$$$ for the Mavic 3".....,I can assure you that is not the case...I just dont like being ripped off!
I don’t know who you are, or what your background or expertise is, but that’s OK. I’m no expert, just an enthusiast. I’m not claiming to be wiser than anyone here in the forum, but I’ll tell you this, I purchased the M3 but only after reading and listening to a lot… a lot, of very well respected and knowledgeable experts and professionals in the field, and the vast majority of their opinions on the M3 is quite different from yours. I’ll still listen to what you have to say, apply critical thinking to your opinion and then form my own. Not saying this is you, but I guess I just don’t understand the psychology of some people who want something, but can’t afford it, so then they trash the item. That may not apply to you, but surely to ‘some’ people. I really wonder about someone who goes around calling others idiots because their opinion is different from yours. What is that all about? Can’t you find the words to give an objective opinion without calling others idiots? I’ll respect your right to opine any way you choose so long as you respect my right to do the same, without being an idiot. Not a sermon … Jus sayin.’ Always fly safe and happy flying!

I don’t know who you are, or what your background or expertise is, but that’s OK. I’m no expert, just an enthusiast. I’m not claiming to be wiser than anyone here in the forum, but I’ll tell you this, I purchased the M3 but only after reading and listening to a lot… a lot, of very well respected and knowledgeable experts and professionals in the field, and the vast majority of their opinions on the M3 is quite different from yours. I’ll still listen to what you have to say, apply critical thinking to your opinion and then form my own. Not saying this is you, but I guess I just don’t understand the psychology of some people who want something, but can’t afford it, so then they trash the item. That may not apply to you, but surely to ‘some’ people. I really wonder about someone who goes around calling others idiots because their opinion is different from yours. What is that all about? Can’t you find the words to give an objective opinion without calling others idiots? I’ll respect your right to opine any way you choose so long as you respect my right to do the same, without being an idiot. Not a sermon … Jus sayin.’ Always fly safe and happy flying!
Even though the M3 didn't pass the value test for me, I still respect those that did decide to buy and I look forward to your feedback once you get the aircraft.

Mavic Pro 2 or 2s....
Idiot is a very strong word. I purchased the M3 Cine as most of my clients request ProRes 422. It’s replacing my I2 for the following reasons:

-drastically smaller packaging
-no need for CineSSDs (which are also steeply overpriced)
-I’ve not found myself in a situation where the nearly complete rotation of the payload offered any benefits.
-I’ve not found myself in a situation where I’ve needed a second operator (though I’m thinking there will be a way to implement this with the M3 as well)
-If IR imaging isn’t needed I can use the M3 instead of my M300 for inspections, saving wear and tear on a much more expensive unit.

Just because it isn’t a good fit for you, doesn’t mean it isn’t justifiable for others

I’d say that’s a stretch saying they will ban china drones all together.

I’m just sad the Smart Controller won’t work. And I can’t get a SC Pro by itself. Eve though the model comes with a occusync 2.0 controller.
Here’s a link to the DJI RC Pro by itself

For me I wouldn’t buy the MP3.
1) Out of my price range.
2) My photo/ video requirements not that high.
3) Computer processing power would need upgrading to cope.
4) Rarely play my videos in 4K or more.
5) Do a lot of DSLR photography so cannot afford more gear, see 1 above.
6) There is a syndrome called GAS, Gear Acquisition Syndrome 😆 whereby someone has to have the latest and greatest new release.
7) My age, finances, circumstances preclude me wanting to spend the investment.
8) Rather buy IPad Pro 11” laptop so I can store and process when out travelling.
9) Still have MP1 and Mavic Air 2. Sufficient for me.
Finally no judgement on any one who wants or buys the MP3.

I looked at the fly more package and decided it's not worth it. All I would really want from that would be one extra battery. I completely agree with jonatious for exactly the same reasons.
The basic version may also be a bit overpriced, but I love droning, and think it's probably what I want more than any other. So I've jumped in.
As the cameras get closer to the human eye level of detail, there's not much to really improve on.
The big leaps from 720p or less to 4K have already happened, and are astonishing.
I can't see any huge leaps like that happening again.
I so hope I'm wrong.

For me, it comes down to the media the content will be played on.

Print: then anything over 200 dpi is pointless. Who uses printed photos these days? Nearly everyone uses a 1k or less phone for personal images. So even 4k is 4x overkill. And to do a billboard at 100dpi, you need gigapixels - so it just isn't what people strive for.

Video: Less than 45% of the US market owns 4k TVs. That percentage is growing, but the trend will continue to be 4k, and 8k is a niche. With content creators using a phone to edit (to which I said "Really?") - because why use 4k cameras if you edit and display on 1k devices? But back to media: where do people show off 4k video? How many people watch YouTube on a computer with a 4k monitor? Especially when only 35% of us own them. Yep, 50% of computers out there are HD 2k displays, the rest under 2k.

Actual Display Quality: When you ship data via YouTube, even 4k video, YouTube doesn't provide true 4k. The file is compressed, and the actual video data rate is woefully truncated. So capturing a 200Mb/s video stream is pointless if your target media is YouTube since the actual 4k data rate throughput is often well below 50Mb/s. And then consider it will still be played on a phone at 720p or a computer at 2k.

Sure, on YouTube demo reels I can get to 60Mb/s and a bit more sustained, but that's a contrived test case. Here's a typical drone capture footage being played from YouTube to my 4k monitor, it's barely using 10Mb/s.

4K Video on YouTube.jpg

So what good is 4k capture? Probably the same reason people bought 16mm film cameras instead of Super 8 film cameras; or 645 or 6x7 instead of 35. While a limited few know there is some inherent technical improvement, and have editing gear commensurate with the increased requirements it brings, for most it just sounds better over drinks on Friday night when meeting with friends.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Hello everyone ..! .. A cordial greeting to each of those who are in this Forum ..! .. I think everyone's opinion is respectable and I also believe that it is always good to listen or read in this case what each one says to be able to draw their own conclusions ... It is not a mystery that DJI has been leading the drones business for quite some time, the quality of its products cannot be ignored, also of the many who have had bad after-sales experiences with it. technical service or with the online consultancies it offers. I am from Latin American from Chile and here the DJI after-sales service is null directly, the stores that sell DJI products do not always take care of the failures or damages of the equipment in a good way if you do not fight them so that they respond to you with the "guarantee". It does not surprise me that several YouTubers are uploading videos promoting the M3 and giving excellent reviews of the equipment, I do not question the quality of the equipment but the way DJI seeks to influence consumers to create the need to change their "old Mavic" for this new Mavic 3. I think that many of those who have opined on the excessive value of the new M3 and how DJI seeks to force the consumer to buy this or that option, is in one in wanting to follow them and fall for their game. I think that if we value the Fly More Combo or the Cinema separately, we will be able to realize that there are accessories that are overrated, either by DJI that has sought to cover with those “accessories” that many times they chose to buy from “others”. Several of the YouTubers that I follow and who do DJI product tutorials obtained the M3 weeks before its launch to be able to make videos showing the qualities of the drone and its features ... obviously subliminally inviting you to switch to this new Mavic 3 ... I think This new drone has very good features and that many of us are always looking for something better in quality of photographs or videos ... but I ask you, are we willing to pay these values? ... personally I think you have to evaluate very well if it is worth doing one Such a high investment for those of us who like this world of drones, photography and video… maybe let the time pass a little and see what happens in the market, in prices and in the new legislation that is coming… Greetings!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661