DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Bear Lake, CA

dataway

Reactions
Hello everyone just wanted to see if there is anyone in the Big Bear Lake area flying around...I just ordered my Mavic Pro from DJI and hope to see it soon and wanted to get together with anyone in the area.

FYI...the GM of the Big Bear airport is cool with drones and provided a helpful link:

Hello David:

Thank you for writing me your letter dated March 31 about your planned recreational UAS/Drone operations in and around 40059 Forest Rd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315. If you follow this link: Drone Information | Total Visits 265 | Big Bear Airport (L35) it will take you to the UAS page (under the Pilots tab) on our www.flybigbear.com website.

The map indicates a red “objectionable area” were there is potential conflict with aircraft in low-level flight. If you intend to operate outside the red area (which your letter indicates), you do not need to contact me. Even though (and you are correct about the 5-mile radius) you are inside the 5-mile ring, I do not object to recreational UAS flights outside this objectionable area.

My intent was to simplify the process for both recreational UAS users and airport staff. Therefore, if all of that is confusing, you are good to go anytime outside the red area without notifying the airport. Please be sure to follow the rules regarding altitude and safety.

I hope this helps and enjoy your drone!

Hello everyone just wanted to see if there is anyone in the Big Bear Lake area flying around...I just ordered my Mavic Pro from DJI and hope to see it soon and wanted to get together with anyone in the area.
Hello Dataway

Hello Dataway!
I’m visiting Big Bear lake & have a mavic if your up for some flying please let me know!... thanks Buddy

I might be heading to BB in a few weeks. Would be great to meet up with a few people in the hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ