DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Big part of the old Champlain Bridge in the rivers (in Montreal)

Bonjour Patrick:

I have followed some of your videos since you began posting, and I am happy to say that you are giving our city some good coverage.

I also flew my Mini 2 at the Bridge site on Saturday, the day after the bridge span was lowered to the barge.

I was disappointed to see that the bridge was lowered before I could get my drone to view the lowering of the bridge span. The Bridge authority did not give the public any notice that they would be lowering the span on Friday. Wish I had known in advance.

Continue the good work of promoting Montreal with your videos....!

Attachments

• 20220109_095329.jpg
    20220109_095329.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 6
I was just over the new bridge last week, I remember crossing that old Champlain Bridge many times in the past. I will miss it, even though it was old, it had character. The new one just looks like any other major cities "art work", if you get what I am trying to say. I guess the Jacques Cartier may be eventually on the list for a new one in the future as well.

Thanks for sharing the video. The river looks completely frozen solid, as you can see the snow blowing over the ice, looks like open water, but a closer look sees the snow wind sweeping across the ice.

Good video!!! Do they have plans for the structure elsewhere? Just curious as to why they would float it away.

The large span of the bridge will be held in a facility in Brossard until the pieces are dismantled in the spring, at which point they can be recycled. It was lowered to a barge to remove whole rather than allow it to fall into the river, or try and dismantle it in the air, as under that span is the major route for ships using the St.Lawrence Seaway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom