DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big ships compilation!

nice, you certainly got a varied selection of vessels in your vid ,my favorite was the coaster carrying the wind turbine blade, great job just dont lose your drone in the brink

Reactions: Rich_fpv
nice, you certainly got a varied selection of vessels in your vid ,my favorite was the coaster carrying the wind turbine blade, great job just dont lose your drone in the brink
Thank you ! I thought it was a swordfish rostrum ...;)

Very cool - nice and steady (those flags were moving on some of those shots!!)

How far did you have to go out to go to those shots and what are the flying restrictions (if any) around Portsmouth around the Spinnaker Tower.

Very cool - nice and steady (those flags were moving on some of those shots!!)

How far did you have to go out to go to those shots and what are the flying restrictions (if any) around Portsmouth around the Spinnaker Tower.
Thanks! One of the flights was in 35mph wind! I fly from a pinch point between the mainland and the isle of wight. Most of the ships give you an opportunity to film within 500m of the shore (Your honour and members of the jury...)

It's a narrow flight corridor as is next to a frz for Southampton airport thus making the filming very tricky. Spinnaker is a bit of a grey area but I was over the shopping area when all the shops were closed and I took off from the very edge of the common. Also near navy bases so have to be cautious!

Hi All,

This vid took me an age to put together and at high risk to the Mavic 2 in some high winds over open water :) Hope you enjoy.
Going to be posting a series on some of the more interesting ships that pass through here from next month. Comments welcome!
Great video...loved it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas