DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bigger monitor

Veriloquent

Reactions
My phone is the Galaxy S10e which is a bit of a small screen. In a drawer I had an old tablet I hadn't used in a while, a Galaxy Tab S2 which is several years old. It is on the "unsupported" list on the DJI site. I decided to give it a go anyway. I uninstalled all but the most needed apps. Installation of the DJI Fly app went smoothly as did the updates. To strain resources as little as possible, I turned off cache while recording. It works like a charm! Flew out a mile or so, and also under and around a grove of trees with no issues. Now I have a nice 8 inch viewing monitor! Why this is listed as unsupported I don't know. I'm just glad I didn't let it stop me from trying anyway. Another little trick new to me anyway is to have either the manual or auto camera exposure set for recording and the other mode deliberately set brighter overexposed for times I want to switch to a brighter image in the monitor.

Yeh you'll find quite a few phones and tabs will work with DJI apps its just if anything goes wrong or does not
work DJI will not help as they are not listed by them!!

I know of a list of supported devices, but I hadn't seen DJI produce a list of unsupported devices. Not being on the supported list doesn't mean it won't work, it just means DJI hadn't done any testing of it, giving them an out when they don't know what's wrong.

From information people provided, it seems an undocumented requirement for the Fly app is that the device have at least 3 or 4GB of RAM installed. If it doesn't appear in Play, it probably doesn't have all the requirements. Being low in RAM could make the app unstable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78