DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bill, here, from Coastal Delaware

BillS

Reactions
Site
www.billswartwout.com
Hello - and thank you for having me. I just joined and jumped on the Premium "deal" (thought I'd try it out for a year, hopefully longer).

I got my first drone last Monday (DJI Mini SE) - so of course it snowed - TWICE - last week. And today it is raining. But I did get to fly for two short flights on Thursday. While I certainly have a lot to learn, this is easier than I remember about flying small RC planes and helis about three decades ago.

I used PilotInstitute to get my "TRUST' certificate and should have my Part 107 sometime in March. (I would probably get it this month but we are leaving on a long vacation the end of next week.)

My plan here is to lurk and learn for a while. Then I'll jump in once I gain some drone flying experience.

Here is my first image (that I sort of like) from my 2nd flight...
DJI-ocean-city-skyline-0027-nik-750x300-bills.jpg

Cheers y'all,

- Bill

Hi BillS...welcome to the forum...that happens to every one...you buy the drone and the weather grounds you...I bought my Mini2 last April, which triggered 2 weeks of rain and high wind...you do have a lot of open space in Delaware to get some non stress flying...enjoy it and get us some more photos and videos

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America BillS.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

🇦🇺 G'day Bill, welcome and enjoy. Lots of info to take in and learn from here 👍

Reactions: BillS and MA2 317
Wow, thank you, all, for the warm and encouraging welcome.

Speaking of "warm" - could anyone send us some warm(er) weather - so I can get out and fly to start building my skill set? Please. Cold and WINDY today and tomorrow and might not get above freezing tomorrow...

Reactions: MA2 317
Ha, I could send you some from SE Queensland in Oz, but it comes with tailing winds from a cyclone or two. All nice and warm, but keeping my shiny new M3 grounded :mad:😢;)

Reactions: BillS
Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka