DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird attacks?

Thank you, I was actually flying from a hollow so when I go out the altitude goes up by at least 100'. So this happens to me all the time but never before. I seem to get attacked on this forum all the time. Do you know how I can remove myself from it?
At the bottom of your email alerts, there’s a place where you can unsubscribe. I don’t advise doing that however, as there are MANY very nice folks on here that are willing to share their wisdom with you. Without this forum, I’d have lost my MM long ago. These folks will teach you how to fly safely. As with any forum, there’s going to be a few outspoken participants but you’ll get that anywhere. Stick with it. Best wishes.

Oh man ! I had an experience yesterday. I was flying over the sea and after a few minutes, i had a crow trying to get to the drone and it flew away im guessing that it realised that it wasn’t a bird. It came back with a few more. I moved locations to the other end of the beach and guess what, they came there too and now I had a few kites and eagles in the mix. Shame I didn’t get the video as the gimbal was focussed on what i was recording and in all that stress, I completely forgot. They put my bloody skills to the test and my blood pressure to the test too. Lucky to have been able to avoid all the birds and land safely.

Reactions: shaneb50
I have had the mini for approximately a month, I fly almost everyday, because there is nothing left to do. I have 2 questions (1 why am now getting a msg]. that I have reached the maximum flight altitude at 400'. I never have before. And second question, totally irrelevant to last question. Has anyone ever been attacked by a crow?
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. I have been attacked very often by Bee Eaters. I fly away in Sport Mode and they chase but do not fly fast enough and eventually they give up. The real problem is flying back as some birds expect it to come back and attack it. I land fast.

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. I have been attacked very often by Bee Eaters. I fly away in Sport Mode and they chase but do not fly fast enough and eventually they give up. The real problem is flying back as some birds expect it to come back and attack it. I land fast.

Lots of people recommend flying UP rather than away. Never tried it myself or had the need to, but from the guys that have experienced attacks, that seems to be the way to stop it

Oyster catchers dont seem to like me flying up in the North of Scotland! You hear them down on the beech and get too close they are up and after the drone.

Yes, it appears to be a new message in the latest firmware (at least it never appeared in the previous 2). It was annoying as it stayed on the screen for awhile, but went away when I got peeved and touched the message. BTW Mini was about 300m above controller, but less than 50m AGL as was following the hillside.

About 10 years ago I was flying a little quad called the ladybug at a local baseball field and and a big ole owl swooped down and took my quad!! Me and my families jaws drop lol it's funny now but not then it can and has happened I always out some holographic vinyl on thee top of all my drones nowadays never happen again. They might take a look but never attacked me again.

You know what the scary part is you’re flying a drone and you don’t even know you’re supposed to stay under 400 feet that’s the scary part forget about the birds. And this is the reason why people hate drones.
People don' t like drones because they watch too many movies and think that if drone flies over them even if it is at 100m altitude it can see what they do in their house :p.

My mini has been attacked by 2 birds, got a warning from them so I just brought it back as quickly as I could without them hitting the mini.
I've seen alot of bird attacks on youtube.

I was just going to post a similar questions about swallows. The local lake where I'll be doing a fair amount of my flying has a good population of them. I'm still practice flying at the local high school football field, and when flying this evening a good number of them (10-12) were coming in close to check out the mini in flight. I wouldn't say they were necessarily being aggressive, and none of them hit the mini, but I am wondering if I need to abort flights if there are too many of them around. Also, does DJI Refresh cover damage/crashes from bird attack?
I fly soaring planes and they love to fly with us....they also show us where the good lift is.

Reactions: Nonprophet
I was just going to post a similar questions about swallows. The local lake where I'll be doing a fair amount of my flying has a good population of them. I'm still practice flying at the local high school football field, and when flying this evening a good number of them (10-12) were coming in close to check out the mini in flight. I wouldn't say they were necessarily being aggressive, and none of them hit the mini, but I am wondering if I need to abort flights if there are too many of them around. Also, does DJI Refresh cover damage/crashes from bird attack?
If you have dji care refresh will good from any damages to your drone as long you can send your aircraft to dji. Enjoy and keep safe

I have had the mini for approximately a month, I fly almost everyday, because there is nothing left to do. I have 2 questions (1 why am now getting a msg]. that I have reached the maximum flight altitude at 400'. I never have before. And second question, totally irrelevant to last question. Has anyone ever been attacked by a crow?
I just read this post, i'm a new member here. Yes, a swarm of crows circle around my MM every time i fly around my place in 3 different spots. They swoop in very close until I just give up and land. Some say fly higher up and its supposed to make them "think" that its a predator. Although, I've seen them attack eagles too.

Yesterday morning I was flying my drone at 50m and a swarm of birds [emoji211] were all around my drone. I had to come down quickly from being hit [emoji45]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada