DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird attacks?

rscheff

Reactions
I have had the mini for approximately a month, I fly almost everyday, because there is nothing left to do. I have 2 questions (1 why am now getting a msg]. that I have reached the maximum flight altitude at 400'. I never have before. And second question, totally irrelevant to last question. Has anyone ever been attacked by a crow?

I was just going to post a similar questions about swallows. The local lake where I'll be doing a fair amount of my flying has a good population of them. I'm still practice flying at the local high school football field, and when flying this evening a good number of them (10-12) were coming in close to check out the mini in flight. I wouldn't say they were necessarily being aggressive, and none of them hit the mini, but I am wondering if I need to abort flights if there are too many of them around. Also, does DJI Refresh cover damage/crashes from bird attack?

When swallows are around they almost always buzz or circle my mini, but have never (yet) gotten too close. So far the crows aren't interested. What scares me is sea gulls and hawks. I watched that brief video where a hawk took down a drone and continued to beat it up on the ground.

with regards to the 400ft that is the maximum height that you are allowed to fly and is measured above the take of point it is a geofenced height restriction

You know what the scary part is you’re flying a drone and you don’t even know you’re supposed to stay under 400 feet that’s the scary part forget about the birds. And this is the reason why people hate drones.

You know what the scary part is you’re flying a drone and you don’t even know you’re supposed to stay under 400 feet that’s the scary part forget about the birds. And this is the reason why people hate drones.
Not to be rude, but part of the responsibility of flying a drone is to understand the regulations in doing so, this way you’ll know how high you can fly, how close to people and congested areas you can fly etc.etc. By doing this you’ll stay on the right side of the law and not give any people to reason to hate drones.

I have had the mini for approximately a month, I fly almost everyday, because there is nothing left to do. I have 2 questions (1 why am now getting a msg]. that I have reached the maximum flight altitude at 400'. I never have before. And second question, totally irrelevant to last question. Has anyone ever been attacked by a crow?
Been attacked by gulls and swarmed by bees...! Action videos of both.

As you know, there are circumstances where we can legally fly above 400’. Does the new firmware prevent this? (I hope not as it could become very limiting.) I’ve been grounded for the past week due to high winds. Maybe later today I’ll get a chance to try the new firmware.

Reactions: Tburon9
Buzzed by hummingbirds yesterday. It is probably also nesting season and birds, crows especially, can be very protective.

the limitatino depends on where you are.. if the area is near the path to an airport, you get limitation of altitude.
For the birds, I probably leave, but if you want to flly, fly higher.. birds tend to belive higher objects are predators. Flying low, you may get in trouble, and it happens a lot... I've been closed to loose my drone with birds checking me out and passing me by

It’s because that people weren’t obeying the 400ft altitud limit that now we got geofence?
This happens after the firmware update?
wao, that's not good... It definitely is a problem, I will not upgrade the firmware any further if this is due to the firmware. can someone confirm?

Reactions: Tburon9
Hi all you Dronies, I Fly a MM and i fly from home at the moment because of you know who, well at the edge of the field dyke a very tall tree and that tall tree has a Crow Rookeries and i fly near that said tree look into the nest to see the young crows to see how fast they are growing , but the adults crows don"t bother my MM at tall. England.

wao, that's not good... It definitely is a problem, I will not upgrade the firmware any further if this is due to the firmware. can someone confirm?

That wasn’t a statement was a question?
I’m new here but will like to learn .!

As you know, there are circumstances where we can legally fly above 400’. Does the new firmware prevent this? (I hope not as it could become very limiting.) I’ve been grounded for the past week due to high winds. Maybe later today I’ll get a chance to try the new firmware.
Thank you, I was actually flying from a hollow so when I go out the altitude goes up by at least 100'. So this happens to me all the time but never before. I seem to get attacked on this forum all the time. Do you know how I can remove myself from it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78