DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the smaller drones get attacked by birds more then the phantom series?

I know you are not in the USA and that is why I started my posting with, "Here in the USA…"

Even though sea gulls are protected in the US, they are still shot, poisoned, and trapped, since some people consider them a nuisance. But doing that is illegal, but those folks do not care, that is until they are caught, then it's "I'm sorry, I did not know…"

But I googled Switzerland and trying to find the facts concerning sea gull protection in Switzerland is difficult since I do not know the legal structure of your country. But from what I did find, you probably should not be flying your drone in any manner that might be construed to harassing the gulls…

Just saying; a word to the wise; don't take it as a personal attack; I am not your seagull…
I understand your point however, and yes they are also protected here

What a Great Photo. I zoomed in on him and I swear that he is staring right into your lens...
He was watching me very closely! When he had enough of me hovering there, he dove off the limb, spread his wings, and left for the afternoon like he does every day.

Reactions: LoudThunder
It looks like you were the problem.
Not with the barn swallows... they were after my quad everywhere around that farm. But the Terns, yeah... wanted them out of the way & thought I could scare them off in an organized way, but no... they scattered in all & every direction nearly taking my quad down. So, lessons learned... don't try to scare birds off with a drone.

What part of Oregon do you fly?
well...my wife and I just returned from an 8 day camp in the Steens Mountains. Camped at about 7500 feet

I flew my Mavic 3 several times, including three different flights across and thru Kiger Gorge

by the way, I was far enough from the nearest airport that I could have, if I wanted, gone as high as 3280 feet above home point. You have to set that limit each time you boot up the app. easy-peasy though

I was planning on using that feature it while approaching the Steen cliffs on the edge of the Alvord Desert. But the day we dropped down to that elevation it was 97 degrees; and I'm sure even hotter next to those cliff faces, so I didn't risk the drone

the highs were 94-99 degrees in Frenchglen the week we were there. But Frenchglen is about 4500 feet elevation. It was 80-83 degrees at 7500 feet. Was pleasant but still a little hot for this old body

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos