DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Birds are rude

Hey guys, even if those comments were meant to be funny, we should not really think about killing birds intentionally. We practice a very nice hobby in nature, so we have to be aware of the risks. I must confess that I do not like to loose my Mavic on a bird attack, but if it happens then I have to think about whether it may have been my fault, e.g. I didn't respect the territory of a bird of prey. Most birds don't want to destroy your drone they just react instinctively to what seems to be a threat from their point of view. Bird strikes as an accident can happen, see civil aviation.
So, in my opinion, flying with caution is self-evident and methods to prevent bird attacks like bright colours of the craft are fine, but we shouldn't think about more.

Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
I often wonder what it's like to have no sense of humor and take everything literally. Glad I don't know first hand... I for one will try to be more serious. I should realize that these drones are not meant to be fun and there is no room for jokes.

Oh Oh, PETA found our site. We better watch out for bugs too so we don't disturb them. They were here before us too ya know.

Screw PETA. I'm just asking to be considerate. It's boring to be the only living thing on Earth.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB