DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Bird's-eye view of the Appalachian Mountains in Fall [Mavic Air 2]

Was able to capture the amazing fall colors in the Appalachian Mountains with the Mavic Air 2. Shot in PA and VA.
Hi San Marino,
I hope you don´t mind if I "played around" a little bit on your video! The shots are really amazing, very smoth! I like the colorfull forests, which we don´t have in such a variety here in Germany!:(
The only thing I did with your video is to increase the saturation. I think it looks way better now, don´t you think?Thumbswayup;)

cheers Paul

Reactions: MindlessPursuit
Hi San Marino,
I hope you don´t mind if I "played around" a little bit on your video! The shots are really amazing, very smoth! I like the colorfull forests, which we don´t have in such a variety here in Germany!:(
The only thing I did with your video is to increase the saturation. I think it looks way better now, don´t you think?Thumbswayup;)

cheers Paul
Hi Paul:

In watching both films, I think that the first one, albeit with less saturation, is more realistic. I think the "adjusted" film with the increased saturation was a tiny bit over developed. Somewhere in between these two would have been ideal. The sliders lure you in to pushing them a bit more to the right than needed. Too much saturation makes it look more cartoonish.

Dale

Dale I think it looks better this way because the original is too faint...We´ll see what San Marino says ;) But ok, it could be a little less saturated. Deppens how the monitor is calibrated Mine is calibrated and it looks ok!
Cheers Paul

Reactions: Quad Craft
Was able to capture the amazing fall colors in the Appalachian Mountains with the Mavic Air 2. Shot in PA and VA.

Really enjoyed this video, nice work. I noticed the trees were swaying quite a bit, do you know what the wind speeds were when you went up? HFTA!

Hi San Marino,

cheers Paul
Hey Paul,
In general, I like videos a little less saturated, just my personal preference. But after looking at your clip I think I could have increased the saturation a bit on the video I made. Thanks for the feedback Paul.
Nate

Lovely vistas. Looked like you were flying in some fairly breezy conditions at one point.
Thanks, Barbara. There was a decent breeze. I also speed up a few shots in post so it may look a little bit more breezy than it actually was.

Really enjoyed this video, nice work. I noticed the trees were swaying quite a bit, do you know what the wind speeds were when you went up? HFTA!
Thanks Cacique143. It was a bit breezy for a few of the shots, but less than it might appear in the video (probably around 20 mph). Some of the shots were sped up in post so they look a bit breezier than they actually were.

Reactions: Cacique143
Hi Paul:

In watching both films, I think that the first one, albeit with less saturation, is more realistic. I think the "adjusted" film with the increased saturation was a tiny bit over developed. Somewhere in between these two would have been ideal. The sliders lure you in to pushing them a bit more to the right than needed. Too much saturation makes it look more cartoonish.

Dale
Hey Dale,

I tend to prefer my videos less saturated to keep them more realistic as you pointed out, but I do agree that some more saturation may have been beneficial. Something in between the two videos might have been just right. I will keep this in mind when I edit future clips. I appreciate the feedback.

Nate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627