DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bizzare crash - Mavic Pro 2 wants to go into hedge!

romelus

Reactions
I've been flying drones since 2013, so not a newbie here. The other day I had my M2p hovering at low level, then noticed it drifting toward a fence / hedge. I pull it back gently but it starts to really want to go toward it! I pull back with more force and it's barely making a difference. There are trees in the opposite direction so I don't want to over correct. I turn the drone away from the hedge and push the stick to move it straight forward, but it decides to go sideways and straight back into the hedge!

The drone clipped the hedge and fell to the ground, luckily no major damage and has flied fine since. I'm puzzled as I've never seen this before. I don't think the chain link fence could cause enough interference, it's a normal fence and I've been near similar fences before. There was nothing strange in the hedge, just normal cedar. Any ideas?

Have video if anyone is curious.

Could be lack of GPS, however letting one of the pro's here look at the flight logs would probably be more definitive was to what happened. Check the Mavic Crash forum for more info on retrieving logs if you've never done it..

I've been flying drones since 2013, so not a newbie here. The other day I had my M2p hovering at low level, then noticed it drifting toward a fence / hedge. I pull it back gently but it starts to really want to go toward it! I pull back with more force and it's barely making a difference. There are trees in the opposite direction so I don't want to over correct. I turn the drone away from the hedge and push the stick to move it straight forward, but it decides to go sideways and straight back into the hedge!

The drone clipped the hedge and fell to the ground, luckily no major damage and has flied fine since. I'm puzzled as I've never seen this before. I don't think the chain link fence could cause enough interference, it's a normal fence and I've been near similar fences before. There was nothing strange in the hedge, just normal cedar. Any ideas?

Your sensors were picking up a ghost walking toward it. Just joking. Was it windy down near the hedge.

Any ideas?
As always, the recorded flight data is required to be able to see what actually happened and what may have caused it.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

ATTI mode?

As always, the recorded flight data is required to be able to see what actually happened and what may have caused it.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
As always. Yup. I knew someone would ask for the logs sooner or later. It's truly the only answer. All else is speculation. Like Ghosts. lol.

Sports modus or just went from ATTI to GPS? Or fingers on right joystick? i have this often but only when i start very very fast flying. +je

I'm gonna try the log. The drone had good GPS signal and this was at the end of a long flight, no indication it had switched to ATTI but I can't be 100% sure. Still weird for it to be pulling so stubbornly toward the opposite direction of where the sticks were held. I'll see if the log turns up anything

I'm curious my self about what the flight logs say.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada