DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black screen after "video complete"

G Randy Brown

Reactions
Howdy, recently we've been getting some nice clouds at sunset over the mountains and I've been sending my MA2 straight up from our backyard (hovering in place) to get some timelapses.
The last 2 times the screen went back immediately after I hear "video synthesis is complete" (or whatever it says after it renders the timelapse).
Not that big of a deal I suppose when it's straight up from where you are but next week I plan on taking a 3 day road trip into a wilderness area to get lots of footage.
What would you guys do if you were in this situation?
I'm not certain the screen going black has anything to do with the rendering but it would be scary if it happened over wilderness area...thanks in advance

Howdy, recently we've been getting some nice clouds at sunset over the mountains and I've been sending my MA2 straight up from our backyard (hovering in place) to get some timelapses.
The last 2 times the screen went back immediately after I hear "video synthesis is complete" (or whatever it says after it renders the timelapse).
Not that big of a deal I suppose when it's straight up from where you are but next week I plan on taking a 3 day road trip into a wilderness area to get lots of footage.
I'm not certain the screen going black has anything to do with the rendering but it would be scary if it happened over wilderness area...thanks in advance
I'm jumping in on this thread so I can see the answers. Wish I knew more how to help. On my Mavic 2 Pro I get the message something to the effect, "video being synthesized,: and the screen is black until the synthesis is over, which is just a few seconds. Then my image comes back.

Reactions: tlswift58
What is your screen device? If Apple product, they seem to have issues with heat and since you're in "warm" NM - that may be an issue. If an Android, what I've had to do when the screen freezes / etc is simply back out of FlyApp main screen to the "Connect to Drone" screen with the bridge pic (at least that is what shows on mine) and then connect again and camera / video view come back up. This tends to happen more when I land, change the battery, and take off again - and don't reset the connection and it just hangs on the last view as it landed.

I'd test it out whilst at home and safe above me to see if that works for you in case it doesn't.

What is your screen device? If Apple product, they seem to have issues with heat and since you're in "warm" NM - that may be an issue. If an Android, what I've had to do when the screen freezes / etc is simply back out of FlyApp main screen to the "Connect to Drone" screen with the bridge pic (at least that is what shows on mine) and then connect again and camera / video view come back up. This tends to happen more when I land, change the battery, and take off again - and don't reset the connection and it just hangs on the last view as it landed.

I'd test it out whilst at home and safe above me to see if that works for you in case it doesn't.
Come to think of it, it was pretty toasty on both of those days...with it happening right after hearing video synthesis complete I thought it may be an issue with the newest update but a heat issue makes since with my rather cheap Android.
I would think rendering the timelapse could generate even more heat.
I'll be using a different device (tablet) on my road trip so hopefully I won't have issues.
Thanks for yalls replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC