DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Screen

queball

Reactions
Ok I’m getting a partial or complete black screen almost every flight. I’m running the DJI GO 4 app and have the latest firmware installed. Any ideas on what is causing this? It makes flying almost impossible.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 96
I'm getting a complete black screen. It's happened a few times already. Been looking for info on this but nothing for the Mavic. I've seen the issue on a thread on the phantoms. I've had to re-install the app a few times just to get it back working but it's getting to be annoying now. I may open a ticket with DJI and see how that goes.

Did anyone figure this out? I was hired to do a Huge real estate video and flown out to Europe and all I get is a BLACK screen when I try to connect to the Mavic Pro. I can move the gimble, I can even take pictures and record (they turn out black as well like the screen). I have tried my friend's phone. I have reinstalled and installed the App. I have switched SD cards. I have tried everything and all I get is a Black screen. PLEASE HELP!

Just curious, have you tried contacting Dji tech-support yet?
I found them most helpful

Same here. I contacted DJI Germany and they suggested to reinstall the GO App. I will try it out if it helps. If not I will have to send it in. I use the iPhone 6s. The problem is not reproducible, the black screen appears at different times, some times I even have no problem, some times I have to cancel the app during flight and start it again during flight several times per battery.

I have the same problems. After connecting the GPS my Huawei goes on black. there is a problem with the firmware and i hope the will solved this problem verry soon ;-((((((((

Toggling between photo and video fixed it when mine went black. I'm using a Huawei Honor 6x on .600 firmware. I can't remember if I was actually recording at the time.

I updated via assistant after the DJI GO app failed several time. The app still prompts for firmware update even though I have the new features and hover/flight is fine so far.

I had the same issue this week on Mavic pro. Thank goodness it was in line of sight. Happened about 3 mins into flight. I landed it, then swiped up to close the app and re-opened it. Then took off fine and was able to fly. iPhone 7 by the way.

Oh and was saying signal lost by the way. But I could still fly it and land. Scary...

I had this problem with a new MP
Eventually decided I needed to upgrade my phone. Bought a new S8 and problem solved. You need a powerful phone processor to run the beast

I had this problem with a new MP
Eventually decided I needed to upgrade my phone. Bought a new S8 and problem solved. You need a powerful phone processor to run the beast

yes and make sure you don't have apps running in the background!!! that will suck processor down!

Ok I’m getting a partial or complete black screen almost every flight. I’m running the DJI GO 4 app and have the latest firmware installed. Any ideas on what is causing this? It makes flying almost impossible.

Hate to say it but did you try to factory reset your phone? Back it up and then reset..

I'm getting a complete black screen. It's happened a few times already. Been looking for info on this but nothing for the Mavic. I've seen the issue on a thread on the phantoms. I've had to re-install the app a few times just to get it back working but it's getting to be annoying now. I may open a ticket with DJI and see how that goes.
I would first try to replace the cables to the controller to remove them from the equation.Then make sure that the exposure is high enough to show the video, seriously, if too dark it may appear that there is a problem especially if you are in full screen mode. Just a few low hanging fruit to try. Luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N