DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black silicone material

Morgan44

Reactions
hey guys, I’m new here, and also a new pilot. I’m also a forum junkie, and thanks for having me. Im having problems with my gimbal on my Mavic Pro. When powering up it goes through the movements but then just settles out usually pointing somewhat down. It also will not calibrate, and will not move when picking the drone up and moving it side to side. After much research it seems to me that I’m yet another ribbon cable failure. What do you think? So I have another cable arriving today, and I’m thinking I’m going to do a replacement. After watching many vids on it, no one ever mentions re installing the black silicone type material at the plugs/connections. Is that not really necessary? I would like to but what material do they use exactly, and is there anywhere I could get it locally? Any help is appreciated, and hopefully this and I can help others in the future. THANKS!!

hey guys, I’m new here, and also a new pilot. I’m also a forum junkie, and thanks for having me. Im having problems with my gimbal on my Mavic Pro. When powering up it goes through the movements but then just settles out usually pointing somewhat down. It also will not calibrate, and will not move when picking the drone up and moving it side to side. After much research it seems to me that I’m yet another ribbon cable failure. What do you think? So I have another cable arriving today, and I’m thinking I’m going to do a replacement. After watching many vids on it, no one ever mentions re installing the black silicone type material at the plugs/connections. Is that not really necessary? I would like to but what material do they use exactly, and is there anywhere I could get it locally? Any help is appreciated, and hopefully this and I can help others in the future. THANKS!!
If you are concerned about connections loosening, I would suggest Star Brite liquid electrical tape. I use it for most of my repairs.
Works very well and is inexpensive.

OK, is that something that could be picked up locally?
Absolutely. Home depot or any marine supply warehouse will have. I would recommend the tube rather than the can with brush. Much easier to apply. It's basically the same as DJI's adhesives, but better.
starbritetape.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I’ll stop in there. I just figure they put that stuff on there for a reason, I’d like to put something equivalent back if possible.

Did you try the adhesive? I see you posted another thread about your findings after your gimbal ribbon replacement.
@Thunderdrones knows his stuff. If he replied to you about your repair and it is a gimbal motor issue, it may just pay to replace the complete Gimbal and camera assembly itself.
I have seen new ones priced at and around the $200.00 range or less. Perhaps he can get you a better deal on one.:cool:

I did stop in at hd. Unfortunately they only had the can type. It worked out okay, I just used a toothpick and took my time. Great advice! Thanks!!

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman