DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry left edge/corner

wombat778

Reactions
Hi all,

I just got my Mavic Air a few days ago, and am really enjoying it (this is actually my first drone).

So far, everything appears in order on it, and I am generally very pleased with the video and photos it is outputting. The one exception appears to be the left edge/bottom left corner, which seem blurrier than I would have expected. I realize that no cameras/lenses are perfect and some degree of blurry spots etc. is normal, but I am not sure if I have a bad unit or if this is within spec.

I am still within my retailer's exchange window, so I was wondering if anyone could take a look and see whether the left edge and lower left corner look like nothing to worry about or if they look abnormally blurry. Apologies in advance for the uninspirational photos, but I thought they illustrated the issue well.

Attachments

• PANO0002.JPG
    PANO0002.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 42
  • PANO0004.JPG
    PANO0004.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 37
  • DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 37
Keep in mind I am very picky, but just based on your examples, I would probably exchange that. The loss of sharpness is very clear even on my crappy monitor in low resolution. It'll probably always bother you, so if you change your mind after the return window is over you will probably regret it.

Lens performance typically falls off towards the edges, but if 3 corners are sharp and one isn't, there is probably a decentered lens element in the lens group.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60