DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry Lines

vinnyb

Reactions
Didn’t notice this on my old Mavic. Bought the Mavic 2 pro and noticing some trippy things with parallel lines. The center median and the siding on the house. And in the last picture the siding and the hoarse fence in the back. Would ND filters cure that? Thanks for any feedback. IMG_6122.JPGIMG_6145.JPGIMG_5945.JPG

Could it be, that you mean a so-called „moirée-effect“: Moiré pattern - Wikipedia

It may be that the M2P‘s camera is sharper and has a better resolution, than what you were used to have?

Normally, this effect is only to be seen on certain zoom-factors / resolutions, I think... at least from my experience.

How did you export those screenshots?

Could it be, that you mean a so-called „moirée-effect“: Moiré pattern - Wikipedia

It may be that the M2P‘s camera is sharper and has a better resolution, than what you were used to have?

Normally, this effect is only to be seen on certain zoom-factors / resolutions, I think... at least from my experience.

How did you export those screenshots?

Just googled it. Your absolutely correct, that’s what it’s called and I guess other people have an issue. Need to try a ND filter and see if that works. Never had that with the Mavic 1. I exported that pics right from the app on the phone.

I don’t think that a filter will help, because the data / image quality should definitely be there. I think DJI go4 doesn’t export in higher quality and messes up that fine lines / details from that large image. Keep in mind that it is a hole lot bigger than the images you were used to have from your MP.

Try downloading the pictures directly from your micro-SD or drone directly via usb-cable. They will be mounted as drives on your pc / Mac as soon as you connect and power up your drone. Just drag them from the drives, showing up and inspect the original raw / jpg files.

They should be fine...

I don’t think that a filter will help, because the data / image quality should definitely be there. I think DJI go4 doesn’t export in higher quality and messes up that fine lines / details from that large image. Keep in mind that it is a hole lot bigger than the images you were used to have from your MP.

Try downloading the pictures directly from your micro-SD or drone directly via usb-cable. They will be mounted as drives on your pc / Mac as soon as you connect and power up your drone. Just drag them from the drives, showing up and inspect the original raw / jpg files.

They should be fine...

Thanks I’ll try that. Sucks to take it off the app right to ur phone and post it quick on social media.

This effect is caused when a high resolution image is downsampled to a lower resolution - you don't say how you made these images but if you check the original full resolution image the problem won't be visible.

If you use "anti aliasing" when downsampling / scaling the image you also will remove this effect.

This effect is caused when a high resolution image is downsampled to a lower resolution - you don't say how you made these images but if you check the original full resolution image the problem won't be visible.

If you use "anti aliasing" when downsampling / scaling the image you also will remove this effect.

Awesome thanks guys. How would I go from the app right to my phone quick? I do emergency scene photos and want to post them in social media groups quick. I usually hit the button on the app to save to my phone. How would I do that quickly to not have the lines?

Did this problem get solved? I am having the same issue from my M2P. Photos off the card are fine. Photos in the app preview look like this. Both my Mavic Classic and P4P do not exhibit this within the in app preview photo. Somehow the resoluton thats upon the phone is 960 x 480 for the M2P but 960 x 720 for the Mavic Classic. I rely on the preview image to know how good the photo on the SD might be like... Why am I getting such deep down sampling in app?

Did this problem get solved? I am having the same issue from my M2P. Photos off the card are fine. Photos in the app preview look like this. Both my Mavic Classic and P4P do not exhibit this within the in app preview photo. Somehow the resoluton thats upon the phone is 960 x 480 for the M2P but 960 x 720 for the Mavic Classic. I rely on the preview image to know how good the photo on the SD might be like... Why am I getting such deep down sampling in app?

I downloaded the picture from the app from the drone in the lines disappeared. Clear as day as you zoom in on the picture unbelievably clear.

I downloaded the picture from the app from the drone in the lines disappeared. Clear as day as you zoom in on the picture unbelievably clear.

Thanks for your reply. Yes off the card my photos are fine. I was just wondering why the preview images from my old mavic and p4p look so much better on the app, than the preview photos from the m2p. I feel like there is a setting i am missing or teething issues with m2p and bloated go 4 app... I rely on that preview in many ways in order to kind of gauge what the real SD card photo will be like and its just hard looking at that super low, grainy, jagged edged preview upon app... I am new to this drone so I was trying to ascertain if this was a normal phenomenon for the m2p.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23