DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Body of Mavic Mini

Gonerafting

Reactions
Is it possible this shell will be used for a new Mavic Air in the future? It has areas blocked of that could hold forward sensors and with the addition of a 4K camera, granted it would weigh more, but be smaller. Any thoughts?

I guess it could be possible. But, DJI tend to build on a new chassis and casing with each new model.

I think the last time they used the same body was the Phantom 1, and the FC40, but that was just the same drone with a WiFi camera.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
i do not think that the MM shell would be used for a new air it is far to small for the next air, the reason being that to be a worthwhile upgrade it will need occusync and all round sensors and it would probably be significantly different to the present version

Is it possible this shell will be used for a new Mavic Air in the future? It has areas blocked of that could hold forward sensors and with the addition of a 4K camera, granted it would weigh more, but be smaller. Any thoughts?

I hope not - the Air has a much better and more advanced designed than the Mini or the Mavic 2. It folds better, is more flat, and the gimbal is protected from crashes. I was actually surprised when the Mavic 2 came out with the old-style body rather than just a supersized Air. I was hoping the Mini wold be in a Shrunk Air body as well. DJI has their reasons I'm sure but I don't know why the Air is still the only drone in the Mavic lineup with the newer more advanced body style. I'm sure R&D is a lot lower, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.

I hope not - the Air has a much better and more advanced designed than the Mini or the Mavic 2. It folds better, is more flat, and the gimbal is protected from crashes. I was actually surprised when the Mavic 2 came out with the old-style body rather than just a supersized Air. I was hoping the Mini wold be in a Shrunk Air body as well. DJI has their reasons I'm sure but I don't know why the Air is still the only drone in the Mavic lineup with the newer more advanced body style. I'm sure R&D is a lot lower, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.
I agree. The Air is the best looking drone on the market.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I don't think DJI would have added the blocked of areas in the front or on the sides just for looks. While it's currently under 249 grams, add anything and it's probably over the weight limit. Is there a Mavic Mini 2 with more powerful motors, LED's and sensor coming? I for one, will wait and see since the 249 grams really does not make that much of a difference to me.

Obviously they will launch mavic mini pro and that is why all the locations for the sensors are in place already

Obviously they will launch mavic mini pro and that is why all the locations for the sensors are in place already
Whatever they call it, they do block off areas for sensors without planning another Model using the same body.

Whatever they call it, they do block off areas for sensors without planning another Model using the same body.
They’re not blocked off, they’re for cooling.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2