DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bottom auxiliary light control

Sniperfritz

Reactions
I've been flying today and played a little with the auxiliary light on bottom of my Mavic 2 Zoom. it is amazing how visible it is from far away.
I would really like to control it via one of the switches on controller rather than through the app.
come on Dji be a sport and add it to the next firmware update.

Reactions: SpinItUp
It can be assigned to the C1 or C2 switch on the RC. Its in the Go4 app. Thats iOS anyway...

Reactions: Mavic 57
On iOS its under the RC settings in GO4. Its the same area where you setup the 5 way switch.

Ok I feel so stupid ( and happy) right now. I went through the app on android again. I needed to scroll down on the little box that pops up while customizing the c1 or c2 button. You need to press the botton once for auto and then again for on. My wife reminded me that am a blonde after all...

when you are in the selection screen where you see " turn on/off head leds". just scroll to the bottom. 5 more options under "navigation".

I've been flying today and played a little with the auxiliary light on bottom of my Mavic 2 Zoom. it is amazing how visible it is from far away.
I would really like to control it via one of the switches on controller rather than through the app.
come on Dji be a sport and add it to the next firmware update.
On the Mavic 2 Enterprise (its cousin) that bottom LED light serves double-duty as an auxiliary strobe when you have the accessory top-mount strobe plugged in. I find it pretty helpful for maintaining VLOS at long range even in daylight.

Reactions: MachDiamond
On my Mavic 2 Pro, the C1 or C2 buttons can be assigned to turn on and off the Bottom Auxiliary Lighting and it use to work great.

When I flew today (with the all the latest firmware updates) I can NOT turn on or off the bottom lights for some reason using C1 or C2. Other functions that I assign to C1 or C2 seem to work fine still, just not the bottom lights.

Any ideas?

I can manually turn the lights on and off by switching from ON/OFF/AUTO and they light fine. But when I set C1 or C2 to turn off the Bottom Auxiliary Lights, there is no effect with either C1 or C2.

I have the exact same problem whether I use my Samsung Galaxy S10 to fly, OR my iPad mini 4.

Could something have been messed up by this latest firmware update?

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d