DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bottom port charging tablet

hunterz

Reactions
hi im have trouble connecting mi ipad to the bottom usb port on the controller. When plugged in it does not connect to the rc but acts like its just being charged
Has anyone got any idea what the problem might be
Thanks

You could be using a charge only cable. You need to make sure you are using a data cable.

It should be a data cable, but it could be defective. Try another cable.

Hi is there a way to tell if its a charge or data cable im using the one that came with the iPhone

From the Interwebs:

"The difference in USB cable types is only the fact that a charge-only cable is missing the D+ and D- data lines. It simply doesn't have those wires inside the cable.

You can test for continuity or resistance using a multimeter. Probe between the corresponding data pins: D+ on one side to D+ on the other, or D- to D-. The D+/D- lines are the middle two pins of a USB connector. Just select one on one side of the cable, and test continuity to both of the middle pins on the other side.

You will see no continuity or a high/"infinite" resistance on your meter if the cable is missing data wires and is a "charge only cable".

Technically USB requires the data lines to request more power from a host device, so a cable missing these connections would, in theory, only let devices charge very slowly. In practice most USB hosts will not enforce such a limit. It is also possible that some phones will refuse to charge without data lines in the cable."

TLDR: you can't tell the different from a simple visual cue.

Thanks for the help I Tried a few cables But non of them worked either but I borrowed one and it works Strange that non of mine work

Remove any cable plugged in the side port of the controller. If one is plugged in there, even without the other end plugged into a device, it has been known to not connect data on bottom port. You can plug in a charger or battery bank in the side port after it connects to charge controller

Reactions: Mossiback
Ok got two new cables and they work great on my iPhone but when trying with my iPad mini 2 nothing apart when first plugged in ot beeps and the charge icon flashes up for a second
Are there any settings on the iPad that need changing?

Remove any cable plugged in the side port of the controller. If one is plugged in there, even without the other end plugged into a device, it has been known to not connect data on bottom port. You can plug in a charger or battery bank in the side port after it connects to charge controller
OP - have you checked that your side cable is unplugged?

I was reading that the anker brand is the best so that’s what I ordered for my iPad . The one I have for my iPhone works great

Reactions: chazzm

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu