DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bottom sure seems hot

rockwind1

Reactions
just did a short 5 minute flight, fan running the whole time. the bottom sure seems hot,,, how hot is it supposed to get? i mean, they are heat fins for the heat sink so i guess it is suppsed to be like that,, i just have'n't flown ina while and i don't remember it getting that hot.

ji just have'n't flown ina while and i don't remember it getting that hot.

After receiving my repaired MP from DJI and turning it on indoors to link to the RC, I noted the same thing -- scorching hot on the bottom.

But the next time I used it, which was outdoors, the temp was normal.

Hey when I first got my mavic I turned it on indoors and it was pretty hot. If the fans are running it’s a good thing because if something was wrong with the cooling the mavic would auto shutoff. And I have one question

Do you keep the round gimbal cover in when you fly or do you take it off?

The Mavic does get toasty. The internal fan and prop-wash cool it down enough while flying but gets hot when stationary. As long as the fan does turn on then I would not worry about it.
...Do you keep the round gimbal cover in when you fly or do you take it off?
The cover reduces picture quality. Take it off. Also, tape some ribbon on the gimbal lock to make it noticeable. It is easy to forget to remove before starting.

The Mavic does get toasty. The internal fan and prop-wash cool it down enough while flying but gets hot when stationary. As long as the fan does turn on then I would not worry about it.

The cover reduces picture quality. Take it off. Also, tape some ribbon on the gimbal lock to make it noticeable. It is easy to forget to remove before starting.
thanks, great stuff

Hey when I first got my mavic I turned it on indoors and it was pretty hot. If the fans are running it’s a good thing because if something was wrong with the cooling the mavic would auto shutoff. And I have one question

Do you keep the round gimbal cover in when you fly or do you take it off?
thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000