DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought an additional Mavic 2 battery...........

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I just bought my 3rd battery for my M2Z. I bought it from Amazon at a pretty good price. It is a genuine DJI Battery and the Serial No Decoder shows a manufacture date of November, 2019, pretty close to my other two batteries. I received the battery and it is on the charger right now for it's initial charge. I almost passed on buying this battery due to it's description on Amazon. It is listed as "DJI Mavic 2 PART 2 Intelligent Flight Battery". For the life of me, I can't figure out the "Part 2" in the description. Anyone?

I'm curious myself about that part 2 thing, but can you mention where one can get a serial number decoder ring?

Chris

DJI lists parts as part numbers, including batteries and props. Not as commonly published these days as in the past when it was easier to get repair parts.

The Go 4 app will show the battery production date.

Once you fully charge the battery you should be able to see the cycles on it. It is probably OK

Once you fully charge the battery you should be able to see the cycles on it. It is probably OK
I'm good! See attachment.

Attachments

• Battery #3.pdf
    135.1 KB · Views: 32
I just bought my 3rd battery for my M2Z. I bought it from Amazon at a pretty good price. It is a genuine DJI Battery and the Serial No Decoder shows a manufacture date of November, 2019, pretty close to my other two batteries. I received the battery and it is on the charger right now for it's initial charge. I almost passed on buying this battery due to it's description on Amazon. It is listed as "DJI Mavic 2 PART 2 Intelligent Flight Battery". For the life of me, I can't figure out the "Part 2" in the description. Anyone?

So you got a legit DJI battery...good stuff! Was it a good price? You could be a swell fellow and post the link so that others may buy such a battery. (If the price is right) Thanks!

Reactions: Broken Star Photo
I have a strange story here...
I just bought a replacement battery for my Mavic 2 zoom and the manufacture date on the box says: (Y/M) 2020/6
Yet, in the smart controller menu, when I check the battery serial it says Production Date: 2019-12
Finally, when I enter the serial number in the DJI serial decoder it replies: Model: Unknown, build on: 4. January 2020
Do you see why I am confused?... :oops:
IMG_20201025_160659.JPG
Screenshot_20201025-153905.png

Could be the date on the box is the packaging date, which appears to be different than the true manufacturing date. Could have been returned and later repackaged as new. The smaller one month discrepancy is probably due to a rounding error in the serial numbers on DJI's website. The packaging box date would be the least reliable. The battery display in the app is the most reliable. Regardless, official warranty is still 6 months from your purchase date.

Could be the date on the box is the packaging date
official warranty is still 6 months from your purchase date.

Then I find this very missleading since you believe you are getting a recent battery but you can't figure out the real date unless you charge it and use. By that time the shop will not take it back.
By the way, the warranty in Cambodia is ... 1 week
There is not real DJI representative and you have to file your warranty claims by yourself. Which is a pity because drone flying here is not really regulated so there is quite a big market.

Then I find this very missleading since you believe you are getting a recent battery but you can't figure out the real date unless you charge it and use. By that time the shop will not take it back.
By the way, the warranty in Cambodia is ... 1 week
There is not real DJI representative and you have to file your warranty claims by yourself. Which is a pity because drone flying here is not really regulated so there is quite a big market.
It's only a 6 month difference. As long as the battery properly comes out of hibernation when you first charge it up, you shouldn't have any issues with it, and you'll know that within one week! It's also showing zero charge cycles, so it is clearly a new and unused battery, boxed 6 months after the manufacturing date. Be happy! ;)

Reactions: fdewarren
I have a strange story here...
I just bought a replacement battery for my Mavic 2 zoom and the manufacture date on the box says: (Y/M) 2020/6
Yet, in the smart controller menu, when I check the battery serial it says Production Date: 2019-12
Finally, when I enter the serial number in the DJI serial decoder it replies: Model: Unknown, build on: 4. January 2020
Do you see why I am confused?... :oops:
View attachment 115756
View attachment 115757
That appears to be the label from the box. What does the label say on the battery? I have purchased a battery advertised as "Part 2" but that battery is identical to the other 3 batteries I own. I would not worry so much what the wrapper looks like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag