DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought Used Mavic Mini -- red blinking light / can't takeoff

drone_newb

Reactions
I've completed the compass / IMU calibration several times. The battery is fully charged and I've tried different batteries that were also fully charged.

Most of the time after I turn on the Mini, it goes through its startup light sequence then begins flashing the red light at a moderate pace. Cannot start the motors. Controller is definitely connected because I can get video feed from the DJI app. Sometimes connecting the app seems to get the Mini to display the green blinking light, and I can takeoff with the app or controller. Flies perfectly when I can get it off the ground. Sometimes, after landing, the green light will blink a few times before turning red again, blinking. Then of course can't takeoff.

This was an eBay purchase and shipped to me. Is it possible this is a problem due to shipping damage? I do want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong before I contact the seller. Thanks for your help!

Yes I looked at that. The kit came with three batteries and I tried all three at full power. So assuming the batteries are OK, IMU? I did run calibration of IMU three times, but can still only fly sometimes in the brief windows the green light starts blinking.

Can IMU be damaged in shipping?

I dont know if IMU can be damaged.

What is the speed of the blinking?
What is the temperature where you fly? Low temp can affect battery!
What is the battery level when you check it at aircraft level (not with charger)? by pressing the power button? and by the app if connected?
No warning, alert or anything on app? check max altitude & distance setup.
Check the fly zone class in the app.

@+

Thanks for your replies! I think I solved it...

It turns out the red blinking light can ALSO mean that you have not unlocked, in the app, ability to fly without a good GPS signal! I checked the notifications in the Fly App (red banner upper right corner) and from there I unlocked ability to takeoff with GPS lock and the drone begins to flash green and good to go.

Can this restriction be permanently turned off? If this info was in manual as a reason for blinking red light that would have been a good thing.

EDIT: Restriction is actually triggered when a -combination- of bad GPS connectivity and low light is detected. Reason this is not in manual is because this feature was added in the December firmware update.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies! I think I solved it...

It turns out the red blinking light can ALSO mean that you have not unlocked, in the app, ability to fly without a good GPS signal! I checked the notifications in the Fly App (red banner upper right corner) and from there I unlocked ability to takeoff with GPS lock and the drone begins to flash green and good to go.

Can this restriction be permanently turned off? If this info was in manual as a reason for blinking red light that would have been a good thing.

EDIT: Restriction is actually triggered when a -combination- of bad GPS connectivity and low light is detected. Reason this is not in manual is because this feature was added in the December firmware update.
Been looking for this solution for a while. Tx.

I have the same situation with the red blinking light. if I place the drone on the floor where the light can be poor, it will show the red blinking light, but if I lift it up in front of my computer monitor the light changes to green.

The poor GPS signal is definitely an issue. I get that quite often and I usually just shut the remote off and turn it back on and it's fine. Let me ask you this? Do you get a scrolling message on the top left of your screen saying: "Poor image transmission signal"? I have had the Mini for 3 years and get that message every time I fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143