DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bracketing of 5 Shoots - Exposure Issue ?

fammi

Reactions
Hello,
every time I shoot in Bracketing Mode (5 shoots ), the first frame is exposed correctly, the following ones, which should normally be lighter and darker due to the different exposure, instead represent solarized results, especially in the darker frames, in the part of the highlights with halos, burns and total loss of readable detail and image data.
Precisely in the frames taken by the darkest bracketing, the highlights should be more readable, and instead, they are solarized and burned.
In fact, in addition to the first frame, the others are not usable for this problem. Problem that has never occurred in any of the other my drone models I still work with.
For convenience only, I am posting the jpg version only just reduced. But RAW files have the same problem.
Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    927.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    846.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    734.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks to me like the central exposure is too high. The light to the left of the church and the church itself are too bright even on the fastest shot. I would have exposed faster for the 0EV shot.

The exposure settings are what you would correct for a bracket of five photos.
All are ISO 100 and F1.7
Shutter speeds are 0.6, 0.4, 1.0, 1/4 and 1.6 sec.
Exposure compensation values are 0, -0.7, +0.7, -1.3 and +1.3 stops.

Reactions: danwnz and GFields
There's something strange going on with picture #2. The foreground roofs are expectedly darker with the -0.7EV but the church façade and lighter part of the sky is overexposed, even compared to the 0.0EV image. That's not how it should be, and not how my Mini3P outputs 5-frame bracketing. It's as if the contrast is being pushed hard for image #2

If the raw images are indeed like this it’s time to consult DJI

THANKS
Agreed, this is not normal. I use 5 bracket AEB on both my Mini 3 and Mavic 3 and have never seen this issue. You do have to be careful that your base exposure setting is correct and not too high or too low
There's something strange going on with picture #2. The foreground roofs are expectedly darker with the -0.7EV but the church façade and lighter part of the sky is overexposed, even compared to the 0.0EV image. That's not how it should be, and not how my Mini3P outputs 5-frame bracketing. It's as if the contrast is being pushed hard for image #2
Yes, exactly. In the underexposed shoot, also that the shadows should be more visible the recover of the light into the highligh areas. Also, if we check into the facade of the church, but more in the sky, there is a explosion of overexposed light incomprehensible. This issue is also present in orginal Raw files. and this issue occurred in several and different location on more days...

Yes, Exactly. more than other, into the #2, this issue is visible very well. Never seen using the same AEB in the other of my drones. The highlight, in the overexposed image, is crazy. The facade of the church, also into the sky.....Solarize, burned, otherwise it should have more light details recovered into the higjlight areas as usual.

Agreed, this is not normal. I use 5 bracket AEB on both my Mini 3 and Mavic 3 and have never seen this issue. You do have to be careful that your base exposure setting is correct and not too high or too low.
Yes, I'm always careful to set the most right exposure begin shoot images also in AEB mode. I agreed with you that is fundamental. But the result into the underexposed images, are not normal as should be.

i've never seen any results like that and I shoot AEB all the time

Hello, concerning this specific issue, DJI replied to me confirming that this is a firmware bug, and it will be solved on the incoming new firmware attempt for mid November.

Reactions: danwnz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest