DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New DJI Mavic Mini Craft with Gimbal/Camera - Replacement Unit for crash

Hussam79

Reactions
Hi Pilots :)
can you help here in what to do when you got replacement Mavic mini and what we need to do to link it with old Remote Control? I already follow some YouTube to link but the new drone won't able to pair with current RC, also the old drone it can link (but sure it can't fly due to crash accident.

already contact DJI service support and they asked me to upgrade then refresh bot AC and RC but as you know this is a very routine from mother company.

just make sure you have the latest app installed on your device then follow the pairing instructions in the online manual .
once it is linked then do any firmware updates if it needs them

Reactions: THE CYBORG
You should also be able to do it without the app. Basically switch the drone and controller on then, once they are on, press their on/off buttons "for more than 4 seconds" and they should link. (I find it takes maybe 8 seconds or so for each to start 'seeking'). I have a backup controller so tend to swap them fairly regularily, I rarely use the app to link them.
The power level LED's flash in sequence rapidly whilst they are seeking a link. The drone and controller needs to be CLOSE to one another during the linking process.

One other thing, I seem to remember a dodgy mSD card can cause linking problems and a recent thread mentioning it but I can not find the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
just make sure you have the latest app installed on your device then follow the pairing instructions in the online manual .
once it is linked then do any firmware updates if it needs them
I did the upgrade as DJI service request before linking, also I can see bot AC and RC on latest firmware.

You should also be able to do it without the app. Basically switch the drone and controller on then, once they are on, press their on/off buttons "for more than 4 seconds" and they should link. (I find it takes maybe 8 seconds or so for each to start 'seeking'). I have a backup controller so tend to swap them fairly regularily, I rarely use the app to link them.
The power level LED's flash in sequence rapidly whilst they are seeking a link. The drone and controller needs to be CLOSE to one another during the linking process.

One other thing, I seem to remember a dodgy mSD card can cause linking problems and a recent thread mentioning it but I can not find the thread.
that seems it working if you have same Aircraft but in my case I have new replacement drone which I need to link with old remote control which already link with old crashed drone

@Hussam79 when you link a different aircraft that remote doesnt recognise the old aircraft any more only the one it is currently linked to

Reactions: THE CYBORG
A new linking disables/breaks any previous linking for BOTH the controller and the drone.
So, for example, if I had been using controller 1 to fly the mini but link controller 2 with mini doing so breaks the drone's link with controller 1.
If I then want to go back to controller 1 I would have to relink controller 1 and in the process break the drone's link with controller 2 etc. etc.
Ditto if you swap drones using one controller.

Two other things to try,
1) remove the mSD card from the drone and
2) confirm that the new drone is the correct frequency version.
I am not sure how you would do the latter.

A new linking disables/breaks any previous linking for BOTH the controller and the drone.
So, for example, if I had been using controller 1 to fly the mini but link controller 2 with mini doing so breaks the drone's link with controller 1.
If I then want to go back to controller 1 I would have to relink controller 1 and in the process break the drone's link with controller 2 etc. etc.
Ditto if you swap drones using one controller.

Two other things to try,
1) remove the mSD card from the drone and
2) confirm that the new drone is the correct frequency version.
I am not sure how you would do the latter.
I got the below from DJI fourm

"The wireless signal RF hardware of the Mavic Mini is either the CE/MIC dual-frequency version (2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz) or the FCC (5.8 GHz) version. Please follow the local regulations when using the aircraft. When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning.
Different versions of remote controllers and aircraft cannot link to each other." wrote by DJI Mindy

Reactions: old man mavic
finally it resolved by connect the old AC and change the Band to Automatic then linked the new AC.

Thanks a lot for all of you and hope to meet in sky with our drones :)

Reactions: Capt KO
that is correct did you purchase the drone from DJI direct or from a local outlet the MM does have different versions so it does need to be matched
the model numbers of the controller are different

that is correct did you purchase the drone from DJI direct or from a local outlet the MM does have different versions so it does need to be matched
the model numbers of the controller are different
original Drone was from local outlet but the replacement came from US DJI

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711