DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new MA2 with small piece of dust(?) inside - return or not?

dawaske

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I just bought a MA2 Fly More Combo with SC and during unpacking I noticed a small piece of dust (at least that's what I think it is) behind the lens cover glass (see attached picture). So far I haven't noticed it on the camera view in DJI Fly, but then again I only tested it indoors around sunset (not much daylight left). I'll certainly do some more extensive testing tomorrow in broad daylight, but I wanted to ask nevertheless if you guys would attempt to have the drone exchanged for an immaculate one in this case?

Cheers,
Daniel

IMG_1442.jpeg

Reactions: Capt KO
I would contact DJI immediately, before you fly it anymore. As with any camera lens purchase, dust inside is a major fault in production line and quality control. You spent a very pretty penny on the drone, it should be perfect. You shouldn't have to clean or repair your brand new drone, before you even get to fly it.

You may not notice that speck in many photos or videos, but guaranteed when you get that epic video or photo with the amazing golden hour light, that is the time that speck of dust will be jumping up, waving its hands, screaming "Look at me! Look at me!" o_O

Edit to add a final thought:
If the dust got by quality control, what other issues might they have missed?

Last edited:
I also own an Air 2. I haven’t checked mine. Are the two small side lugs acting as spring clips that hold the front protection glass or plastic cover in place. Without exerting any excessive pressure on the parts, you might be able to use some small needle nosed pliers to very carefully take the cover off and then blow the dust speck away. I would only try this if sending your drone away is going to be (a) a big delay on your flying and (b) a big hassle. Take photos first, send them to your dealer and ask them if the above would work. Very annoying, though, on new gear. ????

Why don’t you just turn the lens take it off and wipe it off be done with it