DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new problem, video interference issues

davidkmcw

Reactions
I've had my Mavic Pro now for about 1.5 years, without issue. Last week I went to fly it and now I'm getting bad video interference, the only difference that I can think of in my environment my is that I installed 'Drone Harmony', which I am assuming is totally unrelated, but I honestly can't think of anything else (I read a post about someone saying that you shouldn't have Litchi & DJI Go 4 installed at the same time and maybe this was the same). I have only flown in two different locations since then, one about 200 ft from any other buildings and once around my back yard, both times with very bad interference. The footage on the micro sd card is perfect, but the lack of good live stream makes it almost unusable. I have uninstalled 'Drone Harmony', rebooted my phone, uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled DJI Go 4, but no difference, am I missing something, is there anything else anyone can suggest?

Using a Google Pixel phone, running stock Android, along with the latest DJI Go 4 and Mavic firmware.

...The footage on the micro sd card is perfect, but the lack of good live stream makes it almost unusable. I have uninstalled 'Drone Harmony', rebooted my phone, uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled DJI Go 4, but no difference, am I missing something, is there anything else anyone can suggest?

Using a Google Pixel phone, running stock Android, along with the latest DJI Go 4 and Mavic firmware.
I have been reading a number of posts about a recent Go 4 update causing video problems. Either downgrade to an earlier version or wait for an update that may fix it.

There may be other causes; cache full, phone memory full, defective cable, but the lead culprit of sudden video problems is Go 4.

It would have been interesting to see if you were having the same video problem with Drone Harmony.

I have been reading a number of posts about a recent Go 4 update causing video problems. Either downgrade to an earlier version or wait for an update that may fix it.

There may be other causes; cache full, phone memory full, defective cable, but the lead culprit of sudden video problems is Go 4.

It would have been interesting to see if you were having the same video problem with Drone Harmony.
I wasn't quite sure how to connect to and use Drone Harmony, otherwise I would have done so. Do you know how to install an older version of Go 4, ie where can I get it from?

And once you get it working and "stable" again, turn off your auto-sync/auto update on your tablet or device. That way, you decide when it updates, or "phones home".....

Many bad reports about DJI GO4 V4.2.20, If you are using it and have such issues, then it is "DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16" to use, there are 2 versions with 2 dates. I would start with the latest one (labeled 3031415 June 4, 2018), I don't know the difference.

Normally, I don't change my phone settings, but I would also consider if you changed something there. Or if someone else uses your phone.

I've had my Mavic Pro now for about 1.5 years, without issue. Last week I went to fly it and now I'm getting bad video interference, the only difference that I can think of in my environment my is that I installed 'Drone Harmony', which I am assuming is totally unrelated, but I honestly can't think of anything else (I read a post about someone saying that you shouldn't have Litchi & DJI Go 4 installed at the same time and maybe this was the same). I have only flown in two different locations since then, one about 200 ft from any other buildings and once around my back yard, both times with very bad interference. The footage on the micro sd card is perfect, but the lack of good live stream makes it almost unusable. I have uninstalled 'Drone Harmony', rebooted my phone, uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled DJI Go 4, but no difference, am I missing something, is there anything else anyone can suggest?

your solution is to downgrade to dji go4 version .16. Thats the fix until dji does an update.

Listen to him, he’s a senior! But seriously that is the temporary fix.

I went down to 4.2.14, no more problem, disabled auto update of my apps as well, so, here we go, time to try 'Drone Harmony' again. Thanks for all your suggestions

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka