DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broke connection on motherboard- how bad is it? (picture included)

jehpee

Reactions
I was disassembling my drone, and I accidentally pulled the circled connection too hard and broke one of the pins on the motherboard. It is the 3rd one from the right. Will I need a new motherboard now?

What does this connection control?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20180820_214316.jpg
    20180820_214316.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 112
Thats your wifi connector. No way to repair it. If it's broken, you will lose the ability to fly the drone in wifi mode. I never use that mode anyway, so to me, it would be no big loss.

Reactions: 1dumbguy
@Thunderdrones Good day sir, so I took it to a local repair shop because I wanted to replace the ribbon while I had it open and they took a look at what I had going on and told me that the connection is a compass as well and I should be careful flying it now, and they highly recommended replacing the main board. Could you weigh in here?

@Thunderdrones Good day sir, so I took it to a local repair shop because I wanted to replace the ribbon while I had it open and they took a look at what I had going on and told me that the connection is a compass as well and I should be careful flying it now, and they highly recommended replacing the main board. Could you weigh in here?
Pretty simple to figure out at this point... Reassemble the drone and boot it up. If you get a compass error, then you should replace the board. If not, you're golden - but won't be able to use WiFi mode (which is pretty useless). In the 18 months that I've had my Mavic, I haven't used WiFi once.

Reactions: Clinton1 and jehpee
Pretty simple to figure out at this point... Reassemble the drone and boot it up. If you get a compass error, then you should replace the board. If not, you're golden - but won't be able to use WiFi mode (which is pretty useless). In the 18 months that I've had my Mavic, I haven't used WiFi once.
Appreciate it @Qoncussion. I am new to all this and really appreciate the support.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Are all pins ok? Can’t really tell from the pic but looks like all are present? Is it’s just the connector housing your all good, the connector just won’t be secure, you can secure using hot glue or some craft glue like b7000 that will securely hold it but won’t be perminant so can be removed still.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980